• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

REDDIT RUMOR: Doctor Strange Cast Possibly Revealed, Future Plans for Scarlet Witch?

-------------------

Essentially it works like this:

Chiwetel Ejiofor is Jericho Drumm (aka Brother Voodoo)

Juliet Rylance (who worked with Derrickson on Sinister) is reportedly Clea

Ancient One hasn't been cast yet, but it's down to the previously reported Freeman and Watanabe.

Baron Mordo, the primary villain, is Simon Baker

Wong is John Cho

The villain of the first film is Baron Mordo, with references to Dormammu ala Thanos in Guardians. The film will deal with either the Time or Soul Gem (with Guardians 2 around the corner, I presume they are using the Soul Gem, so it's likely the Time Gem but that's just me), which will tie it into Avengers.

-------------------

First, the costume. According to Joblo, the good doctor will rock his traditional blue outfit, complete with a red cape. He will also be wearing a vest of some sorts, but largely, Marvel will be going with Strange's classic look, which should be a relief to fans. The general look and aesthetics of the film are apparently on a whole other level visually, with things like astral projection and levitation being used a lot. Much of the action will also reportedly take place 'between dimensions' and feature 'Inception-like visuals', which sounds promising.

Joblo also had some news on the villains who will be going up against the good Doctor. As reported by Latino Review a while back, the main villains will be Baron Mordo and Dormammu. Dormammu will also apparently be leading the Mindless Ones, rocky humanoid creatures who have repeatedly been used by 'door-mouse guy' against Strange.

First, the costume. According to Joblo, the good doctor will rock his traditional blue outfit, complete with a red cape. He will also be wearing a vest of some sorts, but largely, Marvel will be going with Strange's classic look, which should be a relief to fans. The general look and aesthetics of the film are apparently on a whole other level visually, with things like astral projection and levitation being used a lot. Much of the action will also reportedly take place 'between dimensions' and feature 'Inception-like visuals', which sounds promising.

Joblo also had some news on the villains who will be going up against the good Doctor. As reported by Latino Review a while back, the main villains will be Baron Mordo and Dormammu. Dormammu will also apparently be leading the Mindless Ones, rocky humanoid creatures who have repeatedly been used by 'door-mouse guy' against Strange.

This is one movie I am really looking forward to.

I loved the Stan Lee,Steve Ditko and Frank Brunner versions of Doctor Strange, and this sounds like they are going to respect those versions.

I'm really curious to see Cumberbatch as the good Dr. He has an English accent in everything I've seen him (and he's been amazing), so what background will Dr. Strange have? American? English? I would wager he could pull off an American background as he's a great actor, but I'm exceedingly curious.

I'm really curious to see Cumberbatch as the good Dr. He has an English accent in everything I've seen him (and he's been amazing), so what background will Dr. Strange have? American? English? I would wager he could pull off an American background as he's a great actor, but I'm exceedingly curious.

Did he have his accent in Star Trek Duece when he played

KHAN!

Edited by kdoginohio

Let's not forget the first Pirates, Finding Neverland, and Fear&Loathing.

I'll admit Depp's been dropping more bombs than a B-52 recently but there are definitely some gems he's put out.

I'm hoping someday he will stop obsessing over how unique and eccentric he tries to be and just uses the talent he has.

Johnny Depp… I really liked him up to the Pirates of the Caribbean. Also because he was consistent in what he said and what he did in his work – not much afterwards.

Very curious… a movie about Dr. Strange these days. Harder to do than the average superhero movie.

Did he have his accent in Star Trek Duece when he played

KHAN!

English accent. Just checked on youtube but can't figure out how to embed.

I'll admit Depp's been dropping more bombs than a B-52 recently but there are definitely some gems he's put out.

I'm hoping someday he will stop obsessing over how unique and eccentric he tries to be and just uses the talent he has.

Johnny Depp… I really liked him up to the Pirates of the Caribbean. Also because he was consistent in what he said and what he did in his work – not much afterwards.

Very curious… a movie about Dr. Strange these days. Harder to do than the average superhero movie.

I think it will be easy to make. See every Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movie. The "magic genre" mashed up with the super-hero movie should make for widespread appeal. I just hope the special effects (astral projection etc...) are more Hellboy than Phantom Menace...

Edited by BizarroChuck

I think it will be easy to make. See every Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movie. The "magic genre" mashed up with the super-hero movie should make for widespread appeal. I just hope the special effects (astral projection etc...) are more Hellboy than Phantom Menace...

Disney has an extensive arsenal with metaphysical...... Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nic Cage had fantastic effects......they will absolutely knock this out of the park. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Tilda Swinton Up For Ancient One Role In Doctor Strange

Tilda Swinton (Snowpiercer) is close to finalizing a deal with Marvel Studios to play the Ancient One in the Doctor Strange movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Ancient One is Doctor Strange's mentor, the previous Sorcerer Supreme, and also the man who trained the film's rumored villain, Baron Mordo.