• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

Slowly but surely, I have whittled it down to just 5 LBs and one short.

I'd really like to get down to just three LBs, that would cover my "real" X-Men collection (the issues of Uncanny and adjectiveless I bought new off the stands, from 171-472 for the former & 1-172 of the latter) and leave a little room for getting a few earlier issues back that I have sold.

-slym

Just shy of about 6,000. I was at about 8,000 but sold about 3,000 a year or 2 ago. But in the last year, I've added another 1,000 or so since. And in the past year, I've gone from 1 slab to about 35. That's growing a lot faster than I expected.

About 700. A third of which is SA which I've started collecting within the past 6 months. A mix of Marvel and DC. I've got a mountain of empty USPS Priority boxes from ebay staring at me everyday, reminding me that there is always room for more. I can't imagine having 10's of thousands though. I bet that's pretty awesome!

My update from about 3 pages ago would be around 1000 plus 10 slabs. I have bought about 500 comics in the last 3 years which about doubled my size from the preceding 15 years or so. That's 3 super stuffed long boxes plus a short box.

I broke the 1K marker when I was 11 years old. That was twenty years ago and it has done nothing but get larger. Now the wife is wanting me to start selling them off!!! Any tips on how to keep the wife happy and still keep the comic books I love?

I broke the 1K marker when I was 11 years old. That was twenty years ago and it has done nothing but get larger. Now the wife is wanting me to start selling them off!!! Any tips on how to keep the wife happy and still keep the comic books I love?

Yeah,get your balls back. :taptaptap:

Tell the wife your books were here before her,and they'll be here when she's gone.

Do what my Son did because he just did not have room, store your books at your Dad's house.

Good advise guys. Thanks

One comment will get me killed the other is a 1600 mile round trip. Thanks anyways I guess I will be posting a few for sell soon.

If you have too many decide what's core and what you can live without and sell the latter. Once you have a collection size that doesn't cause conflict sell books when you add books to maintain your collection.

That should lead to a stable collection that improves in quality. I've often wondered what it would be like to reduce my collection to say 500 books and sell something every time I add something - could lead to an amazing collection of quality books.

Good advise guys. Thanks

One comment will get me killed the other is a 1600 mile round trip. Thanks anyways I guess I will be posting a few for sell soon.

If you have too many decide what's core and what you can live without and sell the latter. Once you have a collection size that doesn't cause conflict sell books when you add books to maintain your collection.

That should lead to a stable collection that improves in quality. I've often wondered what it would be like to reduce my collection to say 500 books and sell something every time I add something - could lead to an amazing collection of quality books. [/quote

I've thought about doing this as well. I have around 3000 books at the moment.