• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,257 posts in this topic

And a special note on this book. Charlton's Cowboy Love 29. Ted Galindo and Ray Osrin. It's one of my favorite romance books, certainly among my personal top 5. Don't ask me why, I can't explain, it just takes me somewhere. No slabs, very rarely if ever comes around in any condition. For me to own it in this grade means I'm just crazy about it.

Do this for me, friends. If you ever see this in any better shape please buy it on my behalf. I'd be forever in your debt.

There is a young cowboy, he lives on the range. His horse and his cattle are his only companions.

He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons, waiting for summer, his pastures to change.

And as the moon rises he sits by his fire, thinking about women and glasses of beer.

And closing his eyes as the doggies retire, he sings out a song which is soft but it's clear

as if maybe someone could hear...

Goodnight you moon light ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?

And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

CowboyLove29f100_zps0bcf5d07.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Frontier Romances 1 is a cover that always caught my eye..... is the work inside any good ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

meh, Jimbo. Traditional layout, 3 rows of small panels, 6+ to a page. Lots of text. First story is a Walter Johnson, who I generally like, but he doesn't really have much room to spread out.

The cover is the best thing about this book. Painted effect, kinda racy for a romance, and always one of the genre's bigger $ books. For romance that is - different scale, ya know?

An instant complete run I just picked up off ebay. I was very happy as they were advertised as "good", but range in 2.0 - 5.0 condition, and even the low graders have nice color and no pieces out. Not sure what to do with the Charlton issues, as I'm not really that interested in them, but I almost hate to break the run up. Some great Heck art and violent stories and covers in this title. It's hard to go wrong with Comics Media books.

20150201_113005_zpsaf21f7cc.jpg

Edited by rjpb

And a special note on this book. Charlton's Cowboy Love 29. Ted Galindo and Ray Osrin. It's one of my favorite romance books, certainly among my personal top 5. Don't ask me why, I can't explain, it just takes me somewhere. No slabs, very rarely if ever comes around in any condition. For me to own it in this grade means I'm just crazy about it.

Do this for me, friends. If you ever see this in any better shape please buy it on my behalf. I'd be forever in your debt.

There is a young cowboy, he lives on the range. His horse and his cattle are his only companions.

He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons, waiting for summer, his pastures to change.

And as the moon rises he sits by his fire, thinking about women and glasses of beer.

And closing his eyes as the doggies retire, he sings out a song which is soft but it's clear

as if maybe someone could hear...

Goodnight you moon light ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?

And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

CowboyLove29f100_zps0bcf5d07.jpg

I leave town for a few days and come back to see another bunch of great books. You obviously have the adamstrange eye for quality.

I love everything about that Cowboy Love #29. Just a beautiful cover. Though, with as many great books you have in your collection, it's amazing you can even pick a top 5.

Thanks my friend - "the adamstrange eye" - and just like that, a new phrase is born. High praise indeed. A great compliment to him, and certainly to me.

I'm trying to wrap my head around restoring it. This one, and a lower to mid grade GI Combat 80 I've got coming in are two I'd really really love to see as close to news stand fresh as I could afford to make them.