• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

As someone who is waiting on a MST sub from early November, a thought occurred - why can't CGC at least send an email when the slabs have been shipped? IDC that, as a non-paying member, I can't watch the progression of the grading process, but I'd sure like to know when to be on the lookout for the mailman with my parcel. Especially since it has to be signed for, and (believe it or not) I am not always around when the mail is delivered.

I don't even care if they tell me the grades or not, just a courtesy email that tells me "Your submission has been shipped."

hm

-slym

I think they are doing this now, when my last set of slabs was shipped in Dec, I got 2 emails with the tracking number.

Just got a PM response from a CGC employee about my question asking if non-paid members get an email upon shipping of your books:

Hello,

No currently you only get an e-mail if you have a paid membership or a dealer account. We are however working on getting this changed.

Thanks

So, I will have to continue using the "hack" I was taught some posts back!

:)

-slym

I don't think I've posted in here before, but my current "completed" MST invoice read the following:

Received 10/29/15

Shipped 01/29/15

obviously I haven't received the books yet, but I'd expect them on Monday (02/02/15).

Which would be 70 business days door-to-door (66 if you subtract 1 for Thanksgiving, 1 for Christmas, 1 for New Years, and 1 for MLK Jr.) Maybe they get Election, and Veteran's, an extra day after Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years Eve, for 61 days, still well over the modified 55 day TAT...

Good thing my books are for my PC. I feel like anyone selling slabs are forced into using the FT service.

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

I was wondering if you could let me know the current timing for the modern slow pre-screening.

Such as when CGC let you know how many and if what issues did not pass the pre-screen?

I am debating over sending in 50 slow modern to get pre-screened but do not want to wait 3 months to learn what issues passed and what did not.

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

I was wondering if you could let me know the current timing for the modern slow pre-screening.

Such as when CGC let you know how many and if what issues did not pass the pre-screen?

I am debating over sending in 50 slow modern to get pre-screened but do not want to wait 3 months to learn what issues passed and what did not.

it's even worse, this is it so far:

received 11/18

verified 1/21

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

Graded 1/30 - that was a nice surprise

My last value sat at "graded" for damn near two calendar months before shipping from what I recall. Hopefully you won't have a similar fate...

Submissions in process----

SLOW VALUE--20 books.....rec'd 11-18-14....verified 12-29-14....scheduled 1-30-15.....graded 2-2-15....

SLOW MODERN--7 books.....rec'd 11-18-14....verified 1-6-15....scheduled 1-14-15...graded 1-22-15...

Now the wait for them to do the slabbing...

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

received 11/18

verified 1/21

scheduled for grading 2/2

graded 2/5

Edited by paperheart

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

Graded 1/30 - that was a nice surprise

My last value sat at "graded" for damn near two calendar months before shipping from what I recall. Hopefully you won't have a similar fate...

Honestly at that point make a phone call. I would never have waited even 25% of that time after my books were graded.