• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Just got this. I'm not really a duck collector, but couldn't pass this one up. This is a tough one to come by right?

get-attachment-6aspx_zps7d402f72.jpeg

Just in case you've never see the inside... here's a cool splash page from the interior.

get-attachment-8aspx_zpsc39a4766.jpeg

It's supposed to be the transition copy before switching to Walt Disney Comics and Stories but MM magazine shrank down to comic size with Vol 5 #9. :sumo:

OK, I like your copy too. :blush:

Just got this. I'm not really a duck collector, but couldn't pass this one up. This is a tough one to come by right?

Just in case you've never see the inside... here's a cool splash page from the interior.

Great book. Last of the MMMs before it became WDC&S.

Love that book :)

And your copy is nicer than the one I have

It took me a long time to figure what was going on on the cover. Why would Donald care that it's Sunday? Then I finally figured out that he's supposed to be a kid who thought he had school until he realized what day it was from the paper. doh!

So used to thinking of the later adult Donald living with his kid nephews.

Edited by Sqeggs

The quest continues. This #15 is my 69th of the first 100. I have another on the way in the post, but progress is slow these days.

Still, lots to like about this copy, and the colours are lovely.

wdcamps_015_zps6byd1xj6.jpg

The quest continues. This #15 is my 69th of the first 100. I have another on the way in the post, but progress is slow these days.

A noble quest continues!

Won this in a Heritage auction a few weeks ago. :whee:

FC256_cgc_front_zps1712f8e4.jpg

Congrats. That's a great looking copy.

+1

Beautiful!

I held a CGC 9.4 copy in my hands a few months ago - it was stunning.

Congrats! Such a fun run to collect. I've accumulated 40 of the first 50 in a pedestrian way, but it has been enjoyable

Won this in a Heritage auction a few weeks ago. :whee:

FC256_cgc_front_zps1712f8e4.jpg

Congrats. That's a great looking copy.

+1

Beautiful!

I held a CGC 9.4 copy in my hands a few months ago - it was stunning.

One of my grails is a 9.4 of this book. I love this cover. :cloud9:

Wow! That red is rocking! Congratulations! :applause:

Well, as summer draws to a langurous close, a happy set of astral alignments resulted in Undercopy Manor receiving an infusion of Ducks.

The books are great, but the story of their arrival is an example of what a good egg AJD is.

Yonks ago, AJD let me know that he was upgrading his Uncle $crooge #6. We agreed on a price and as I am a cheap b'stard I asked him to hang on to it pending further additions.

Sure enough, magpie that he is, he had a line on some funnybooks from Toronto_Design_Guy. T_D_G also had some $crooges AJD knew I coveted and so I made an offer (through AJD) for four of them.

AJD paid for them, his purchases, and shipping. Waited until everything arrived at his place and my junk was transhipped to me before even asking for payment.

What a guy - and what lovely Ducks. The U$6 was AJD's undercopy and the U$'s 12, 13, 20 and 27 came from Toronto_Design_Guy. Right in my wheelhouse in terms of condition and price:

Uncle%20Scrooge%206%20732%20x%201050_zpshon9njhf.jpg

Uncle%20Scrooge%2012%20749%20x%201055_zpsvqhhol95.jpg

Uncle%20Scrooge%2013%20751%20x%201035_zpsatnccwhc.jpg

Uncle%20Scrooge%2020%20751%20x%201046_zps9jfecsk1.jpg

Uncle%20Scrooge%2027%20744%20x%201042_zpstcc7eul3.jpg