• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

is it fair to ask in a thread who pressed a book? I would think that is something people would like to know.

My vote is yes!

+1

Very fair question to ask a seller.

What if it was a book I pressed? Would CGC be OK with that type of round about advertising if the OP said it was me?

Realizing your comment is tongue in cheek, it did make me realize the source of the press should be limited to PM. Joey, I would assume you personally do not have any problems with a seller identifying you as the presser ? For the record, I would feel safe if you were the presser.

Who else do you know who turned a GL 77 into a FF 1.

How would you react to this question in one of your selling threads?

Which pressers do the best spine re-alignment face jobs? Did you use them for this book?

People can ask questions if they want. It doesn't bother me.

I can also choose to answer or not

Yeah, but the way that question is framed can be detrimental to the sale of the book in question. People go into a sale feeling that they are an educated buyer (whether they are or not, it doesn't matter). The minute you derail them from thinking that and they start asking questions to themselves or second-guessing - you've potentially lost the sale, at least at that moment.

Comic books, cars, garage sales - it all applies the same. People are in the thread to buy - if they want to ask questions - which is totally okay - send a PM. It's just more polite and doesn't assume that they know the seller's preferred business practice.

If someone asked that question in my thread, I'd probably be a little bent. Even if it's meant as an innocent question, it comes across as having some negative connotations based on conjecture. I've had people post similarly-phrased things in my threads, and I usually PM politely asking if they would remove it and why I am requesting they do that.

People will either buy a book or they won't. If someone wants to split hairs to the point it makes the seller uncomfortable, then don't sell to that person. I'm sure I've been put on people's no sell to lists for a lot less than that

It's threadkrapping because it only invites discussion in the sales thread.

For the cheap seats.......SEND A PM

If the above is the defintion of threadkrapping, then it is a lot more rampant than I thought. What about all the Nice book, GLWTS, :hi: , :popcorn: and all the other krap people post. I've seen sales threads with 3 or 4 pages of nonsense chatter. Trust me sellers, that stuff doesn't help your thread.

Agreed. I simply don't respond in my threads and it seems to stop.

I don't agree, but your point is consistent, thinking back I guess I have been guilty of threadkrapping in one of your sales threads also, now that I think of it. Certainly if that is the known wishes of a seller it should be respected, but I don't agree that it hurts sales. You would have to argue that to convince me.

Assuming its nothing negative, I'm happy to see chatter in my sales threads, it means a) somebody is looking at it, and b) its getting bumped, especially helpful when its busy. As long as people are being nice and having fun, I cannot see how it harms sales. (shrug)

I don't agree, but your point is consistent, thinking back I guess I have been guilty of threadkrapping in one of your sales threads also, now that I think of it. Certainly if that is the known wishes of a seller it should be respected, but I don't agree that it hurts sales. You would have to argue that to convince me.

Assuming its nothing negative, I'm happy to see chatter in my sales threads, it means a) somebody is looking at it, and b) its getting bumped, especially helpful when its busy. As long as people are being nice and having fun, I cannot see how it harms sales. (shrug)

I click on the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age thread, I see a sales thread that sounds interesting. I click on it looking for the books and find pages and pages of nonsense. The longer the total thread, the more likely I am going to give up and leave. It's analogous to commercials on a television program. It's nice that you are friends with the seller and want to say hi but why do I have to read it ? To me, the nonsense is worse than threadkrapping.

I click on the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age thread, I see a sales thread that sounds interesting. I click on it looking for the books and find pages and pages of nonsense. The longer the total thread, the more likely I am going to give up and leave. It's analogous to commercials on a television program. It's nice that you are friends with the seller and want to say hi but why do I have to read it ? To me, the nonsense is worse than threadkrapping.

I guess because some of us, only sell as a pt time hobby...so we like the company.

Sit down and have a cookie, Bob...you'll enjoy reading the thread more that way;) :foryou:

It's threadkrapping because it only invites discussion in the sales thread.

For the cheap seats.......SEND A PM

If the above is the defintion of threadkrapping, then it is a lot more rampant than I thought. What about all the Nice book, GLWTS, :hi: , :popcorn: and all the other krap people post. I've seen sales threads with 3 or 4 pages of nonsense chatter. Trust me sellers, that stuff doesn't help your thread.

Agreed. I simply don't respond in my threads and it seems to stop.

It's not my cup of tea either but some sellers prefer and like the banter. If a seller doesn't mind the popcorn smileys and "nice book" comments, who am I to object?

GSABOD. :baiting:

If that means what I think it means... lol

Give someone a better outside deal?

Grade says a buyer's out dollars?

Grabbing Silver Age books on demand?

:whistle:

-slym

Grabs Some Booty On Demand