• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Broad and generalized statements are only "incorrect" when presented as absolutes or applied to individual cases without consideration of specific facts and individuality. Or when they're complete B.S. not based on reality, obviously.

I like this.

Yea, after three pages of people basically saying the original statement was incorrect he wants to back away from it.

*****Read into this statement as in 2015 , we now have a new generation of collectors who want to collect/pay good money for the books they had as kids.*****

What do you think happened to the books they had as kids? They probably still have them.

Most of the people who don't still have the comics they had as kids in the 80s and 90s probably no longer care about comics.

Wow, nice comprehension skills you have there. I didn't back away from anything, I just tried to correct your ludicrous statement.

Do you understand that most does not mean all and probably does not mean absolutely? Do you need somebody to send you a dictionary?

If you want more insight on the subject, try a more typical sampling of collectors - like at a convention - rather than a few people reading the "Coppers Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" thread on the CGC message boards.

Even on this message board, we have seen newbs pop into Comics General and ask how they can get back into collecting (or more likely, what is their collection worth and what is the best way to sell it) after finding a box at their parents' house or looking at the box that was sitting in the back of their closet.

Ironically, I don't really fit my generalized statement. I now have relatively few of the comics I owned as a child, but I realize I have never been a typical collector and I only got rid of most of them in the last 6 years.

Hot book that is finally getting its due after years of being idle. Hulk 324. Of course there is movie speculation involved but I have always thought this book should be worth more than it was.

Because of the return of the grey Hulk? I don't get it...

+1 Unless there is something in the book I am missing like a 1st Appearance or something this is really Not anything to chase... Jeez just grab a modern reprint of hulk #1

Synopsis for "The More Things Change"Edit

SHIELD has made a new genetic bath to cure Bruce Banner by making him control the Hulk. But something goes wrong, when Rick Jones notices that General Ross is fooling with the tank. At the same time Hulk is thrown in the bath. Rick and Ross fight, but the battle ends with Rick thrown into the bath too. Suddenly the tank breaks, and the new Hulk is born. He is Gray again after all these years.

REALLY ! That's it and this is a chase book? someone tell me its more than Hulk being grey again !

Isn't the Grey Hulk from #1 actually a retcon which took place after #324 though? .

I dont know how Hulk #1 can possibly be a retcon?

He was grey in the '62 #1 issue because of a printing ink problem. In #2 he is green, he was never intended to be grey. #324 is the first true grey hulk.

+1

Rumor is

The Hulk will be Gray Hulk at the end of the Age of Ultron movie, leading into whatever the next cinematic Hulk appearance will be.

This isn't entirely accurate.

The rumor is that Scarlet Witch uses her powers to mind control the Hulk in the movie.

People are using the funko pop ad featuring the savage hulk character as a reason to pump the first appearance of gray hulk. The use of "savage hulk" in the merchandising of the film most likely has little to no connection with the gray/savage hulk from the comics and is instead just being used to differentiate regular Hulk from the possessed Hulk in order to expand merchandising opportunities.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but..do with it what you will.

Marvel Age 100 contained a 5-page Sleepwalker preview which predated Sleepwalker #1, and they've all vanished from ebay in the last few days.

I'm pretty down on anything having to do with "Marvel Age" to begin with... but I must admit when I was in my LCS today I did see a copy in the back issue bins for a $1 and I grabbed it.

Did I feel good about it? No. But I grabbed it. lol

So just passing on the info

Hot book that is finally getting its due after years of being idle. Hulk 324. Of course there is movie speculation involved but I have always thought this book should be worth more than it was.

+1 Unless there is something in the book I am missing like a 1st Appearance or something this is really Not anything to chase... Jeez just grab a modern reprint of hulk #1

SHIELD has made a new genetic bath to cure Bruce Banner by making him control the Hulk. But something goes wrong, when Rick Jones notices that General Ross is fooling with the tank. At the same time Hulk is thrown in the bath. Rick and Ross fight, but the battle ends with Rick thrown into the bath too. Suddenly the tank breaks, and the new Hulk is born. He is Gray again after all these years.

REALLY ! That's it and this is a chase book? someone tell me its more than Hulk being grey again !

Isn't the Grey Hulk from #1 actually a retcon which took place after #324 though? .

He was grey in the '62 #1 issue because of a printing ink problem. In #2 he is green, he was never intended to be grey. #324 is the first true grey hulk.

As I understand it you've got it backwards. There was generally a problem with the way comics were printed at that time ensuring a consistent gray (which makes sense if the gray is composed of cyan, magenta, and yellow; the printer would get variations if there were contaminants in the ink), so with issue 2 they decided to change him to green, which was easier to keep consistent from one issue to the next.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but..do with it what you will.

Marvel Age 100 contained a 5-page Sleepwalker preview which predated Sleepwalker #1, and they've all vanished from ebay in the last few days.

I'm pretty down on anything having to do with "Marvel Age" to begin with... but I must admit when I was in my LCS today I did see a copy in the back issue bins for a $1 and I grabbed it.

Did I feel good about it? No. But I grabbed it. lol

So just passing on the info

did you pick up Marvel Age 97 as well?

As I understand it you've got it backwards. There was generally a problem with the way comics were printed at that time ensuring a consistent gray (which makes sense if the gray is composed of cyan, magenta, and yellow; the printer would get variations if there were contaminants in the ink), so with issue 2 they decided to change him to green, which was easier to keep consistent from one issue to the next.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/03/02/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-40/

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/03/02/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-40/

(thumbs u