• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

So, yeah. As an Invincible OA collector, I saw that cover as a monumental page in Invincible/Ottley history. I felt it belongs in a collection that is worthy of its awesomeness, and that my friends, is why I bought it. In my opinion, an absolute steal at that price. Cheers!

So, yeah. As an Invincible OA collector, I saw that cover as a monumental page in Invincible/Ottley history. I felt it belongs in a collection that is worthy of its awesomeness, and that my friends, is why I bought it. In my opinion, an absolute steal at that price. Cheers!

Congrats Sir!

A great addition to a great Invincible collection! We'll done, sir! Although it would have looked nice next to my covers to issue 11 and 12. ;)

great addition to a great Invincible collection! We'll done, sir! Although it would have looked nice next to my covers to issue 11 and 12. ;)

thanks! i agree, would've been a good run to have for you, but, those are Walker, this is Ottley. was that you i was going against the other day? it jumped pretty hard pretty fast. either way, i still admire your collection. :shy:

Hey Rob,

Just a thought, if you haven't done so already, I'd shoot the seller a note asking that they package this extremely well so it has no chance of bending. It seems like the seller doesn't have much experience in shipping art, or comic art for that matter.

Hey Rob,

Just a thought, if you haven't done so already, I'd shoot the seller a note asking that they package this extremely well so it has no chance of bending. It seems like the seller doesn't have much experience in shipping art, or comic art for that matter.

waaaaayyyy ahead of you. I'm happy with what they're doing. i actually messaged them before the auction ended to see how they planned on shipping. i also have to believe that the story was fabricated big time. no difference to me, but, the way they described packing and shipping, they've done it before.

Edited by simplyrob

Hey Rob,

waaaaayyyy ahead of you. I'm happy with what they're doing. i actually messaged them before the auction ended to see how they planned on shipping. i also have to believe that the story was fabricated big time. no difference to me, but, the way they described packing and shipping, they've done it before.

The story was a bit too odd. A simple Google search would have yielded information on the piece as the cover to Invincible 13 and the artist that drew it. As matter of fact, I sent the seller a message informing him/her exactly what the piece was, yet they didn't use it and instead posted that message from a relative of Ryan, with not-so-correct info.

Congrats, really cool pick-up! Another piece of old OA is saved from the deadly clutches of Mr. Ottley.

At this rate with all the OA you've acquired I think you and Constant could literally open an Invincible Museum :P

How about an Artist's Edition by IDW? That would be fun!

:applause: Congrats. So glad a boardie got it so we know where it is and not "lost in the wild."

Awesome.