• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

I agree. It is a great item and 10k is way too much... I'm curious to see how this unfolds...

:popcorn:

Yeah I saw that, it is what it is I suppose. I went looking for a copy at the local shop, no luck. Wanted to compare it to the original in person. Anyone check out that Sienkiewicz Varaint cover? I'm not a fan of all these new covers, but Bills touch on 15 is beautiful.

Was surprised yesterday to find only 2 copies on the shelves of my LCS, and I was the first to grab them when they opened. They had about 4 additional copies held in the subscriptions pile. Went to another shop about an hour after they opened and found about 8 or so on the shelves. This really is a slow seller, but if the series picks up when the new stories come out after the reprints, that could start an interest in the earlier issues that didn't sell well. Meaning this issue (#15) might be a good investment like the original series #15.

Was surprised yesterday to find only 2 copies on the shelves of my LCS, and I was the first to grab them when they opened. They had about 4 additional copies held in the subscriptions pile. Went to another shop about an hour after they opened and found about 8 or so on the shelves. This really is a slow seller, but if the series picks up when the new stories come out after the reprints, that could start an interest in the earlier issues that didn't sell well. Meaning this issue (#15) might be a good investment like the original series #15.

I've been thinking about the same thing... However, my sense is that Marvel has really bungled the relaunch. They started with massively printed overpriced collections of 1950s reprints that - while interesting for us diehards to see - probably killed any interest from new or casual readers wanting to know what the Miracleman hype is about. Then they released the regular issues in what - to me, anyway - feels like a poorer quality edition than the 1980s Eclipse issues, but at a higher price point than most of their line (and remember - Eclipse had the foresight to launch Miracleman at a lower price point than its cmain line, to help establish an audience). Then Marvel started polybagging issues, which makes the content less accessible (shelf browsers can't browse, diehard collectors can't open bags). Finally, they started releasing thin hardcover collections (4 issues!) at elevated prices...

My guess is that when it comes time to start publishing the new issues, we'll get a relaunch as "All-New Miracleman" complete with a new #1 in an attempt to re-energize sales. This might limit the aftermarket potential of the current reprint series...

Of which? the variants? Midtown only had 5 of the sinkiewicz at all 3 locations.. looks like theyre all dried out on the Bay now for cover

To start things off... Here are my "current" top three... In no particular order....

Miracleman Eclipse Era Sweater

Miracleman Italian Edition Omnibus

Miracleman SS EE No. 44

What are your top three MM items in your collection right now? Show'em if you got'em! :wishluck:

nZTijiY.jpg?1

I originally had posted over in the MM rarities thread that I would be posting photographs of my "entire MM collection"... This is true...however, I wanted to break down my posts into segments in hopes that some of the other MM fans here would join in (thumbs u

This is my personal favourite item related to MM that I own (apologies for the repost as I did post this a while back).

Back in the day, Alan typed up all the Marvelman scripts for each issue of Warrior on a typewriter with a top original copy and a carbon copy underneath (this one is a top copy). Once any editing was completed (added in pen), one copy usually stayed with the publisher and the other went to the artist (in this case it was Alan Davis who may still have the carbon).

This is the whole Miracleman story from Warrior #8, which is the last part of Miracleman #2 from Eclipse, and is stapled together with a small kids/junior staple.

BlueMurder.jpg

Warrior_Issue_08_Page_04.jpg

To start things off... Here are my "current" top three... In no particular order....

Miracleman SS EE No. 44

What are your top three MM items in your collection right now? Show'em if you got'em! :wishluck:

nZTijiY.jpg

I originally had posted over in the MM rarities thread that I would be posting photographs of my "entire MM collection"... This is true...however, I wanted to break down my posts into segments in hopes that some of the other MM fans here would join in (thumbs u

Very nice items; have you worn the sweater at all :) ?

Miracleman SS EE No. 44

nZTijiY.jpg

Very nice items; have you worn the sweater at all :) ?

Always liked those Totleben head sketches.

IMG_6842.jpg

:o was this SS 44 originally yours?!?! What an awesome picture of it pre-slabbed! I really love this head sketch... It's very eerie and it looks amazing with the content and layout of the EE 44. It is definetly one of my favorite head sketches that I've seen by Totleben.

lol yes, I have worn the sweater many times! You only live once! Right?

Believe it or not, I keep it in a protective case enclosed with cedar when not in use... Which is about 350 or so days a year... When I first purchased it, I was very hesitant to wear it.. I almost got it framed! But I get more enjoyment wearing it the 6 days a year that it is actually cold here in Florida than I would if it was up on the wall in a frame (thumbs u

:o was this SS 44 originally yours?!?! What an awesome picture of it pre-slabbed! I really love this head sketch... It's very eerie and it looks amazing with the content and layout of the EE 44. It is definetly one of my favorite head sketches that I've seen by Totleben.

No this was never mine (I do have a 9.8 blue label though) - when Rich Henn organised one of the head sketch sessions he received and posted some of the pictures from Totleben, including this one hence I had seen it before.

lol yes, I have worn the sweater many times! You only live once! Right?

Believe it or not, I keep it in a protective case enclosed with cedar when not in use... Which is about 350 or so days a year... When I first purchased it, I was very hesitant to wear it.. I almost got it framed! But I get more enjoyment wearing it the 6 days a year that it is actually cold here in Florida than I would if it was up on the wall in a frame (thumbs u

Sorry I don't believe you...it's never cold in Florida :)

I have a full run, minus the last two issues and #15... just wondering if #15 being reprinted has affected the value/sales of the original release? With the Neil Gaiman issues currently being reprinted, will that affect the value of those original last couple of issues with the low print run, in whoever's educated opinion?