• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I posted a few of my comics on the silver age forum whats new in your collection this week, check 'em out and I look forward to seeing what yall post!

Hey guys, This is my first forum ever! I've really got into comics just over the last couple of years. American Vampire was what got me hooked. I read mostly Image comics, but I am always down for recommendations. I've got the variant bug right now and finally completed my American Vampire collection!! Moving on....

Hi everyone, my name is Dan and I have been a comic fan off and on since I was a kid. I gave it up for many years until one day I picked up a showcase volume of silver age Green Lantern and was hooked again. That was 6 years ago and now I have a shelf full of graphic novels. For the longest time I held out against actual comics until this past Christmas. I went to a comicon with a friend and saw the joy on his face when he scored a Web Of Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 for $80 CDN. The whole train ride home I regretted that I didn't get a slabbed book. So I hit ebay and less than two weeks later I had two slabbed comics of my own and a purpose for my collection. To get every silver age Green Lantern comic (starting with the cheapest first, of course), and that's why I have this user name.

I am a total noob to the whole scene and trying to learn the ropes.

Hey guys, This is my first forum ever! I've really got into comics just over the last couple of years. American Vampire was what got me hooked. I read mostly Image comics, but I am always down for recommendations. I've got the variant bug right now and finally completed my American Vampire collection!! Moving on....

The Snyder mini American Vampire was really good and welcome.

Hi everyone, my name is Dan and I have been a comic fan off and on since I was a kid. I gave it up for many years until one day I picked up a showcase volume of silver age Green Lantern and was hooked again. That was 6 years ago and now I have a shelf full of graphic novels. For the longest time I held out against actual comics until this past Christmas. I went to a comicon with a friend and saw the joy on his face when he scored a Web Of Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 for $80 CDN. The whole train ride home I regretted that I didn't get a slabbed book. So I hit ebay and less than two weeks later I had two slabbed comics of my own and a purpose for my collection. To get every silver age Green Lantern comic (starting with the cheapest first, of course), and that's why I have this user name.

I am a total noob to the whole scene and trying to learn the ropes.

Welcome to the Boards. :D

One bit of advice...for the bolded statement above, reverse your strategy. Get the expensive ones first. Then go after the cheap ones.

Hi Guys. I'm Kurt. Just joined today. I love comics. Love everything about comics. I've been in the background making deals since 1993. I've never been on a site like this before. I think I'm gonna muddle along and have fun. This is cool.

Welcome Kurt,there's a ton of knowledge here.A great place to learn.