• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I'm so amazed to have this...just unreal

11a8pzp.jpg[/img]

love this! my LCS guy sold out of that one in no time, so it's the secondary market for me.

Unless you are looking to get an exclusive version, you can still order it direct from Sideshow:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-superman-sideshow-collectibles-300215/

I was just about to say the same thing. Mine is #1222 out of 5000 so there are plenty to go around. I didn't want the "Exclusive" version as I honestly don't care for the different eyes. They just look weird to me.

My LCS ordered this, I got it in about a week and he took 10% off on top if it. Its just beautiful!

I have a bunch of the Bowen Mini-Busts, but I still haven't figured out a good way to display them. It seems that every contemporary style pre-built display cabinet is either 5 grand, or so cheap looking it just wouldn't look good in your house.

Why not go with a regular "curio cabinet"? There are probably decent lighted ones for under $500.

Something along these lines (it's not lighted though)... Wildon Home Curio Cabinet - $219.99, free shipping

k2-_3e6ac27b-dc4d-43c3-b709-7d11193581ab.v1.jpg

Detolf cabinets from Ikea are also nice looking and run about $65 apiece. They're what I use to display my minibusts and other stuff. And you can add a light kit to them relatively easily (Ikea sells them too and the cabinet comes predrilled for it).

I have a bunch of the Bowen Mini-Busts, but I still haven't figured out a good way to display them. It seems that every contemporary style pre-built display cabinet is either 5 grand, or so cheap looking it just wouldn't look good in your house.

Why not go with a regular "curio cabinet"? There are probably decent lighted ones for under $500.

Something along these lines (it's not lighted though)... Wildon Home Curio Cabinet - $219.99, free shipping

Detolf cabinets from Ikea are also nice looking and run about $65 apiece. They're what I use to display my minibusts and other stuff.

Yup, Detolfs are hard to beat for the price.

Look up the Ikea "Detolf" display cases. I have 2 of them and not only are they easy to put together, they also only cost about $70.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Super expensive to ship though so I suggest finding the local Ikea and making a trip of it

Worth every penny

A lot of the premium formarts are between 18-26 inches.

Throw in another inch or two for wiggle room.

How much height are between the shleves on those cabinets? Gotta be at least 25 inches to fit 80% of the PF's. If not, don't see them as worth it.

Edited by Erndog

How much height are between the shleves on those cabinets? Gotta be at least 25 inches to fit 80% of the PF's. If not, don't see them as worth it.

There is a little under 15 inches in each "cube". But you can remove shelves and make two that would be 30 each (give or take). This is for the IKEA shelves.

I'm so amazed to have this...just unreal

11a8pzp.jpg[/img]

love this! my LCS guy sold out of that one in no time, so it's the secondary market for me.

Unless you are looking to get an exclusive version, you can still order it direct from Sideshow:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-superman-sideshow-collectibles-300215/

yeah, forgot about ordering one direct from Sideshow. thanks.

There is a little under 15 inches in each "cube". But you can remove shelves and make two that would be 30 each (give or take). This is for the IKEA shelves.

Just be careful because I heard the glass, even if doubled up, might not be strong enough to hold a 35lbs. PF statue..They're that heavy!

Just be careful because I heard the glass, even if doubled up, might not be strong enough to hold a 35lbs. PF statue..They're that heavy!

I thought I read somewhere a single glass shelf from the detolf had a max of 15lbs.

I thought I read somewhere a single glass shelf from the detolf had a max of 15lbs.

Max load/shelf: 13 lbs