• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

Thanks Mongkorn! And that's a sweet white pager you have there!

Your OW is real rare too. I haven't done the stats but from having followed this books for many years my impression is that below 5% are OW or better. And of those surely less than 1% are W.

I don't know why BB28 in particular is almost always cream or tanned. Having said that a cream BB28 is still great! :cloud9:

Here is my submission, cover has BAD color touch up, but I think I'm going to have it professionally restored. I will say the comic seems to hold up well, and pages are nice. What are yalls opinion on restoring it more?

KJ0ugOR.jpg

xsYkAhw.jpg

glY7h6s.jpg

WzQRRyh.jpg

N4O5BJO.jpg

6hOKWoB.jpg

Is this a reprint? I'm over my head but any information is helpful (shrug)

Well I posted that book about 5 days before that auction ended. Its definitely a fake cover. The back cover is wrong. Go back and read the last few pages. I would return that book to the seller as soon as possible as that wasn't mentioned in the listing and this will be an inexpensive lesson to learn not to buy books that will get you in over your head ;)

Edited by iceman399

It is hard to really appreciate the if it's too good to be true saying, but this will be fixed and thanks for the help :(

I held that book in hand after a local collector approached me with it. Everything to that book screamed issues. I would guess its a repo cover that someone damaged intentionally to "pass off" as a real deal. The person who did the back cover got it wrong which was a major tip off.

yep, here's the CGC notes: "spine of cover mostly split & cover reattached with tape. Tape on interior"

but it presents very well, and no stains or big pieces missing, I love it.

Edited by thedude