• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone! :whee:

I think this cover was originally used for FF annual #10.

Interesting colors; Kang is almost unrecognizable and the blond on the right is Nick Fury!

Right on, I noticed the blonde Fury but I was just trying to figure if that was supposed to be Kang… lol

Also, which bride uses a yellow wedding dress on her wedding day? Susan in yellow!

The fun thing is that they usually colored in an accurate way… only around the end, when the publisher went bankrupt and had no money, they really went crazy with coloring (and not only coloring!) as they probably hired the first guy available to do the job – but at this time they were pretty accurate. I can’t explain the funky cover coloring on some single issues in this range. :D

Just out of curiosity, that’s the cover image they used for the wedding of Sue and Reed when they published the story for the first time. Still not the original Annual cover, but rather (I think) a promotional image which was later used in full for a poster as well. :)

UAYwgagh.jpg

Nice pick ups! A bunch of the older issues in my run are in similar condition.

I settled for the #26 and #28 just to have them… They are overpriced, IMO, and thought I might pick up them at a later date in slightly better condition. :)

The #9 however is a nice VG-, paid fair market price but was the only one missing aside #1 and #4 from the first 10, so… :cloud9:

I admire your patience! When I was putting my run together, I bought anything I didn't have the instant I was able! The holes in my FF collection just haunted me.

You make me laugh since "patience" would be the last term I would happen to use with myself now… :sick:

This movie-hype driven market, which brough me back to Marvel SA/BA/CA collecting, has made me feverish to complete as much as possible the collection, and grab the issues from other titles which I care most about… but I should say I allowed myself to become feverish, and that is not good. (tsk)

Less than three years ago I had just a few issues under #30, the lowest ones were #3, #8 and #11 – now I am missing just a few… doh!