• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

I see eBay is absent of many copies these days too. Savvy buyers are snatching then up. Makes me happy to have my raw VF+ bought in 1987 for around $20. :cloud9:

Glad I nabbed my Avengers #6 not even a week ago.

I don't think they could've picked a better actor to play Zemo. Bruhl is brilliant and can give some amazing performances.

I suppose Avengers #6 is a safe bet, but I wouldn't sleep on the other books...

-Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #8. (Hit the shelves same time as Av. #6)

-Cap #168 1st Helmut as Phoenix

-Cap #275 1st Baron Helmut Zemo (Biggest sleeper to me)

Edited by white_rushin

I don't think they could've picked a better actor to play Zemo. Bruhl is brilliant and can give some amazing performances.

As you say, it's my understanding that Sgt. Fury #8 came out the same day as Avengers #6, so that should be a nice argument over "first appearance." Obviously there are a lot more Avengers fans out there, so it's a better bet value-wise, but Sgt. Fury #8 has equal claim to first appearance status.

Edited by Crimebuster

I love my comics and all all things super heroes and I'm all for hot books for globally released movies but the TV show thing is getting absurd. Are cartoon first appearances next? :makepoint:

I also love Daredevil but the Purple Man!?! Wtf! And I own a few DD 4s. Every Daredevil, Arrow, Flash... obscure Villain is now fair game. Seems a little crazy and makes me want to invest in Tulips and buy digital comics. rantrant

A question for you super veteran expert collectors, are we heading off a cliff? hm

Crazy. 6 months or so ago that price would have purchased a VF + copy.

I was trying to save for a nice copy, but I'm out until/unless the comic market crashes.

Crazy. 6 months or so ago that price would have purchased a VF + copy.

I was trying to save for a nice copy, but I'm out until/unless the comic market crashes.

True

But really

This and many other SA DC are still way undervalued compared to Marvel and everyone knows that certain DC's show up much less frequently for sale. With prices rising, we likely expect more availability. If that doesn't happen, then scarcity can add to the irrational "Exuberance". :sumo:

I'd be buying all the cool undervalued SA DC pre 1968 keys in 7.0+. B&B and Showcase have a ton of cool books in the runs and who doesn't love Sea Devils and Metal Men and Doom Patrol and Challengers and .....

I'd be buying all the cool undervalued SA DC pre 1968 keys in 7.0+. B&B and Showcase have a ton of cool books in the runs and who doesn't love Sea Devils and Metal Men and Doom Patrol and Challengers and .....

I want to personally thank the person who bought the My Greatest Adventure 80 7.5w slab in the last comiclink auction. Twin Cities ped, sure, but holy mackerel at the hammer price. That's a nice ROI for the person who bought it in the original HA auction back in '11

Yup, been on a roll picking up SA 1st apps like Parasite, Animal Man, Beast Boy, Cheetah, Red Tornado, Creeper, Ocean Master, Mera, etc.. All fairly cheap and can be had for under $30-50 if you look hard enough.

Still a few more I'm on the lookout for that I will not reveal ;)

Yup, been on a roll picking up SA 1st apps like Parasite, Animal Man, Beast Boy, Cheetah, Red Tornado, Creeper, Ocean Master, Mera, etc.. All fairly cheap and can be had for under $30-50 if you look hard enough.

Still a few more I'm on the lookout for that I will not reveal ;)

good luck finding Mera and Ocean Master copies and then finding them cheap , Aquaman is scarce and expensive now :(

So which book came out first? Avengers 6 or Sgt. Fury 8? Both the same month, I know info like this is scarce, but its a pretty important question.

I know the market has always ignored Sgt. Fury 8, as Avengers is the big title, and has the better cover.

Also, didn't avengers #4 have a flashback appearance of Hienrich, before his actual " in" story appearance?