• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

Last, but not least are a few items from the San Diego con 2000 EC reunion. Not many original folks left by then but I do remember, Elder, Williamson, Kamen, both the Severins, Davis and a few more were there. It was the best SD Con I ever attended! The badge on the card were given to attendies of the dinner. The bigger silver badge was given to the special guests I believe. I got mine from Jack Karen who said he thought it might have more to me than it did to him. I was at his table and we had a lot of laughs. VERY cool guy!

ec2000kit_zpsvh8jvf1j.jpg

Hi all - I posted these in the Pre-Code thread but clearly they belong here. Bought these in lots in an auction in December. An original owner collection in San Francisco. Most are mid-grade. A few lower and a few higher.

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055-1.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

(worship)

thanks for sharing Robot Man, would love to get my hands on the EC pin to go with my EC kit

I've had a few extras over the years but not now. Check Ted Hakes auctions. He has had them from time to time. Not easy to find because they broke and got lost easliy. I will keep you in mind if I ever find another one...

OK gang, as promised, here is some cool EC stuff As the Old Witch would say: "Fasten your drool cups kiddies!"

First up is the set of "Ghoulantic" photos in the mailer. There are reproductions of these photos on thin paper but these are the real deal. I believe I got them from Grant Giessman many years ago in a trade.

ecphotos_zpsnjhiaq2f.jpg

I sold that exact set to Grant in 1989, cool to see it again!

more EC stuff

this copy of MD 2 is a special copy

if you read the name on the EC subscription envelope that comes with the comic

you see it was Gary Arlington's copy, Gary was probably EC fanatic number Uno

this is for me a real keeper

152568.jpg.f22f80aa4aea612a3008b333bd229144.jpg

152569.jpg.6380433350602aa93299afc709f6bf72.jpg

more EC stuff

this copy of MD 2 is a special copy

if you read the name on the EC subscription envelope that comes with the comic

you see it was Gary Arlington's copy, Gary was probably EC fanatic number Uno

this is for me a real keeper

That IS neat..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wonderful runs of those issues, dannyboy! The TFTC #46 and WSF #29 (as well as others) look very sharp. I've always been partial to those couple, myself. :)

Both of those are fantastic covers. The WSF/ISF books were the most "well-loved" books of the group.

WSF29.jpg

TFTC46.jpg

This just arrived, it's a raw Gaines File copy in about 9.0. It set me back $200. (When this book originally sold as an individual issue back in 1990, the price was $160.)

One of my favorite George Evans EC covers, up there with Shock SuspenStories 16, 17, and 18. I've wanted a GFC of this issue for a long time. The price was just the icing on the cake.

pir7GFCa_zpsil6sob6m.jpg

pir7GFCc_zpsqhvyjasr.jpg

This just arrived, it's a raw Gaines File copy in about 9.0. It set me back $200. (When this book originally sold as an individual issue back in 1990, the price was $160.)

One of my favorite George Evans EC covers, up there with Shock SuspenStories 16, 17, and 18. I've wanted a GFC of this issue for a long time. The price was just the icing on the cake.

pir7GFCa_zpsil6sob6m.jpg

pir7GFCc_zpsqhvyjasr.jpg

Wow, what a deal! Has the certificate too. I've got a few, all bought from Cochran back when they came out. All raw with certificates. Most are all slabbed now.

pir7GFCa_zpsil6sob6m.jpg

pir7GFCc_zpsqhvyjasr.jpg

I thought I would share some pictures I took at the great EC reunion in 2000 at SD con

Pic 1 Jack Kamen,Jack Davis,Mrs. Kurtzman,Al Feldstein,Al Torres,Will Elder,Marie Severin and

AL Williamson.

Pic 2 Jack Davis signing autographs

Pic 3 Will Elder talking with fans

pic 4 Jack Kamen talking with fans

pic 5 shot of Crypt Keeper and some of the displays

pic 6 art work from tales of terror book

pic 7 art from Christmas party

pic 8 cover art pic 9 more cover art

152760.jpg.e1667e308964bdd08b1b490a4f5ad4d7.jpg

152761.jpg.6bcf078f023c12194d18c9919b6cb4fc.jpg

152762.jpg.062f5f32f0c4010bfd92bc5805285687.jpg

I thought I would share some pictures I took at the great EC reunion in 2000 at SD con

Pic 1 Jack Kamen,Jack Davis,Mrs. Kurtzman,Al Feldstein,Al Torres,Will Elder,Marie Severin and

AL Williamson.

Pic 2 Jack Davis signing autographs

Pic 3 Will Elder talking with fans

pic 4 Jack Kamen talking with fans

pic 5 shot of Crypt Keeper and some of the displays

pic 6 art work from tales of terror book

pic 7 art from Christmas party

pic 8 cover art pic 9 more cover art

Awesome photos Hap! I was there too but didn't even think to take any photos. Monumental event, thanks for sharing!