• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

4) Can they get Ben Grimm right? It's the real key to the FF and at one time, he was one of the most popular character at Marvel Comics. (People forget that he hosted Marvel Two-In-One for almost 10 years (1974-1983) and 100 issues!

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102727AM_zps80babd47.png

That's exactly what the article talked about this morning about the five things we needed to see from this trailer. One item that was key is getting Ben right.

He looks massive next to the other characters in that final scene looking up at the sky.

You could be right.

VCkgrlt.png

I'm not seeing anything here that jumps out like when Marvel will insert someone's character name on a computer screen or file.

One of those spots on the continent of Africa may be Wakanda....

Easter Egg potentially identified

It was this screen.

:applause:

I like it. I'm much more excited to see this movie than I was just reading about it.

The Thing definitely looks good so far, I can't believe it but I'm a little excited for this. My hopes were so low to begin with, though, so it really didn't take much I suppose.

Still, I'm happy to at least be excited for an FF movie

I can't believe i'm writing this, but I like what i saw. i had incredibly low expectations, but this trailer is -- compared solely to the 2005/2007 FF disaster -- refreshing. The movie might still bomb. But I have hope now.

Trailer looks ok...

I'll wait for the reviews though...

FOX created a larger comeback hurdle when they casted Johnny Storm to be played by a African American.

Changing race is tricky: some times it works, like Samuel L. playing Fury and sometimes I feel like the character missed the mark like Daredevil's Kingpin...

I just think if the movie is written well it could work, but if not - the change can look like a cheesy switch just to be PC or stir up controversy.

(thumbs u