• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

It is an interesting sale. This book has really caught on fire in the past couple of years. It wasn't that long ago when this was a $300 book.

That's why I asked the question...
How high could we see 9.8 prices by the time EP VII hits? Noticed this book has gone from $500 to $1000 on ebay.

Finally have a 9.8 headed on my way! It's been on my list for far too long.

Side note, last time I checked I saw 303 9.8's on the census. With as many die hard Star Wars fans in existence and many of them also collect comics like myself, is 303 really common as dirt?

Side note, last time I checked I saw 303 9.8's on the census. With as many die hard Star Wars fans in existence and many of them also collect comics like myself, is 303 really common as dirt?

thats what I am saying but it seems as though a lot of boardies here believe so….

Edited by Snikt!1988

Pretty sure Star Wars is a bit (by bit I mean by a great deal) more popular across the globe than Harley and Batman Adventures #12 doesn't have too many less 9.8's on the census and it's going for a little more. I would think even more BA 12's will be popping up, not so sure many have been holding on on stabbing SW's for decades since its been a several hundred dollar book for quite some time. Maybe it's due to it spawning from a movie and not an original creation within the comic world?

Who knows though, def not me.

Pretty sure Star Wars is a bit (by bit I mean by a great deal) more popular across the globe than Harley and Batman Adventures #12 doesn't have too many less 9.8's on the census and it's going for a little more. I would think even more BA 12's will be popping up, not so sure many have been holding on on stabbing SW's for decades since its been a several hundred dollar book for quite some time. Maybe it's due to it spawning from a movie and not an original creation within the comic world?

Who knows though, def not me.

I'll say it now, It's the next HULK 181. :whee:

It's always been popular, but I never thought SW #1 would get a speculator comic bump.

Never.

It's Star Wars, haha, and I figured it was immune, as the fan base is already ravenous.

This just goes to show you nothing is off the table in today's market.

Grats to those who have copies!

I never picked one up (for whatever reason), and it sure looks like I never will at this point!

$1000 dollar sales will increase the slabbage of high grade copies. Trust me, there are a lot of these out there in the wild.

Let's see if this pulls up the price of all Star Wars #1 copies. Will just the CGC 9.8s copies that be effected?

All the CGC 9.8 BIN copies were cleared out this month. Unbelievably, this is the only CGC 9.8 on eBay (outside of signed copies) right now.

Very interesting... hm

300 9.8s (including 50 which are Sig Series) is a _ton_ for a Bronze book, even if it's only 10% of those graded.

While the fan base for Star Wars is beyond huge, most fans will be fine with a nice-looking copy, and aren't going to be shelling out $700+ (soon to be $1,000+) for 9.8s.