• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Minor point, but in that Margot Robbie interview I didn't like that the reporter referred to her as the "first live-action" portray of Harley.

Mia Sara was amazing in the role in TV's Birds of Prey more than a decade ago.

Minor point, but in that Margot Robbie interview I didn't like that the reporter referred to her as the "first live-action" portray of Harley.

Wasn't Harley in Arrow Season 2 too? I have both seasons, but haven't started watching them yet.

Wasn't Harley in Arrow Season 2 too? I have both seasons, but haven't started watching them yet.

Other than they may be attempting to market this as the first movie appearance of Harley Quinn, did either of those appearances go all the way to becoming Harley or was it the pre-madness psychiatrist?

Ok what did I miss.... Tom Hardy no longer in the film? Why?

Supposedly, he signed on before the final -script was provided. Once he realized the movie was going to use his character as more of a supporting member, he bowed out due to 'other commitments' without making it into a huge issue.

Two pages back.

So that's what it comes down to why Hardy departed.

EXCLUSIVE: The Real Reason For Tom Hardy's Exit From 'Suicide Squad'

--------------------

Now, we've learned why Tom Hardy has dropped out of the project. According to sources, He simply didn't like the -script he was finally given, he didn't like the drastic change to the character. Like we figured, the scheduling conflict is a cover story, so he left the project under amicable terms.

The rumor is the latest draft of Suicide Squad has upped the screen time of Deadshot and The Joker at the expense of the lesser-villains in the movie like Rick Flagg. This also may have contributed to Hardy's exit.

--------------------

Once again, Latino Review delivers.

Other than they may be attempting to market this as the first movie appearance of Harley Quinn, did either of those appearances go all the way to becoming Harley or was it the pre-madness psychiatrist?

Can't speak for Arrow but yeah - Birds of Prey had her full-on in the costume by the end of the series. Not that anyone was watching by then...

Can't speak for Arrow but yeah - Birds of Prey had her full-on in the costume by the end of the series. Not that anyone was watching by then...

Thanks for pointing this out. I had no idea.

BoP_Harley.jpg

I guess this was before the big excitement over Harley compared to now.

Thanks for pointing this out. I had no idea.

BoP_Harley.jpg

I guess this was before the big excitement over Harley compared to now.

I have an extra complete series. ;)

EXCLUSIVE: Margot Robbie Talks Harley Quinn's Accent

------------------

“None of those things have been set in stone at this point, but according to the comics, she’s from New York and I think Brooklyn, so there may be a slight… I couldn’t imagine it would be as strong as the Wolf of Wall Street accent,” she said. “The lingo will be the difference between that and the other character I played in ‘Wolf’ but I don’t know yet. We haven’t spoken about it.”

------------------

David Ayer On Harley Quinn: "Her Madness Defines Her"

---------------------

So David Ayer seem's pretty excited about this movie, huh?? First he posts the picture of the gun, which he confirmed WON'T be Deadshot's sniper riffle (perhaps Rick Flagg's??). But now he has posted something that may help define what Margot Robbie's (The Wolf of Wall Street) take on Harley Quinn will be like in the film.

"The case of Harley Quinn: Her madness defines her. Is she mad because of WHO she loves or because she loves him so much? #skwad"

---------------------

I like how he is immersing himself in the team and individual characters. It gives me greater comfort.