• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,551 posts in this topic

My two recent pickups

IMG_3656_zps046049b2.jpg

this is in much much worse shape than the picture would lead you to believe.

IMG_3657_zps2a6b59ab.jpg

and this is a sparkling beauty.

Well after years of selling variants on Ebay.. I have my first return.. due to damage in shipping...

from an Ebayer that goes by the name of liquidsports11 for a Godzilla Issue 2 ..35 cent price variant...

claimed it was damaged in shipping... and here is how I packed it;

Bagged and Boarded

Place between 2 pieces of Cardboard

Plastic Wrap placed around it

Placed in a Priority Bubble Wrap Flat Mailer..

Then placed in a Priority Flat Rate Envelope..

Written on the outside.. Please do not Bend.. Package is insured" on both sides.

Done this alot.. with no problems... he claimed it was damaged during shipping and is now returning it... said it was not due to it being shoved through his mail slot..

guy paid $114.00 for it..

I checked his feedback and even though he has a score of 214.. seems he has no feedback, well except for 1, during the past 90 days.. usually this occurs when an account has been suspended, from what I have seen in the past..

I am bringing it unopened to the post office when it arrives.. with my video camera.. just to be safe.. to file for the insurance..

I know some of you sell on Ebay.. you ever done a deal with this person?

Thanks, Frank

Well after years of selling variants on Ebay.. I have my first return.. due to damage in shipping...

from an Ebayer that goes by the name of liquidsports11 for a Godzilla Issue 2 ..35 cent price variant...

Bagged and Boarded

Written on the outside.. Please do not Bend.. Package is insured" on both sides.

Done this alot.. with no problems... he claimed it was damaged during shipping and is now returning it... said it was not due to it being shoved through his mail slot..

I checked his feedback and even though he has a score of 214.. seems he has no feedback, well except for 1, during the past 90 days.. usually this occurs when an account has been suspended, from what I have seen in the past..

I am bringing it unopened to the post office when it arrives.. with my video camera.. just to be safe.. to file for the insurance..

Thanks, Frank

Occasionally you cant prevent shipping damage. I know some swear they can, but it does happen. I shipped a IG 1-6 set inside 4 oversized pieces of cardboard in a 10 x 15 bubble mailer and they still got damaged couple of years ago.

I had the buyer send it back to me and sure enough one of the corners cardboard looked chewed and beat the hell. The buyer was more then patient and I refunded him + return shipping. How your buyer acts can tell you a lot about them.

If you are shipping flat rate I would suggest more cardboard in the package over any other packing and make sure it is at least an inch wider all around the comic.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Bagged and Boarded

Thanks, Frank

:hi: Frank,

That would be me. You haven't posted in what, about a year. I don't know why you would feel the need to come on here and try to blast me or anyone without waiting to receive the book and your packaging back to see the bend in your bomb proof packaging for yourself before you went into full panic mode, Unless you are totally insane! Patience! (tsk)

The cardboard you placed the book between wasn't totally flat, they had what looks like bends in them already when you put the book between them. So I don't know if the priority flat envelope folded naturally with the bended cardboard. When you get the books and packaging back you will clearly see that. So Yes, post the video of you opening it with your video camera, I need a laugh I would love to see it.

Also, in regards to my account, it wasn't suspended, I just haven't bought much on eBay in the last few months. I'm allowed to do that right? You know, you buy under what name, thesilveratom and sell under comichunters?

You can come on here and inquire all you want but I would think as a eBay Seller of what, a decade or more you would at least wait until you receive your book and the packaging back before doing so. It's good to know you are a True Professional and this is a first for you, you haven't had a return ever? Also, I've bought from you before, multiple times actually, I found an email that I won a Marvel Tales 35 Cent Variant for over $200, I paid and everything. Sometimes, packages do get damaged, you know they go through multiple locations, right? And it wasn't my postman shoving it in my mailbox, would you like me to go outside in the Snowy Freezing Cold and take a picture of my olympic-size mailbox?

This is just ridiculous!

JT

If that bend is legit, you must acquit!

It's a shame too because I wanted that book. Next time you could have just messaged me through eBay and asked if I took any pics. of the damage and waited until you actually got everything back instead of letting your mind drift and drawing conclusions based on nothing.

2015-01-31_17-21-13_354_zpsyckgeu8e.jpg

2015-01-31_17-21-41_30_zpsuukidho8.jpg

Actually, I am sorry to hear about this. You are both good guys in my book.

Hope everything works out. :foryou:

Thanks I appreciate it, you are as well as I'm sure he is. I just wish he contacted me first or waited until he got everything back. Believe me it's not what I wanted, it was a nice book. Unfortunately it got damaged along the way. He said he insured it, so I hope he did and after he's done filming hopefully he's fully compensated by the USPS.

Hey its a 35c so I'm just sorry the book got damaged at all.

That said, Price Variant Club is still a pretty small club and I find it slightly amusing that the OP on this topic posted here and the buyer is also a forumite who frequents this thread. :grin:

Should add that to the rules, The ## rule of PVC, "before you go public in PVC thread communicate with each other first."

Both parties are known and I believe I have purchased from both and was super happy so seems the post monster got one and hope the damage is not too great and they part on good terms. :wishluck:

I must be in the right place because I immediately appreciated the PVC rules, listed again below (riffing on Fight Club which was a great movie BTW) and the avatar photo of Ron Jeremy on the very first posting from 2004:

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

I only recently joined the Collector's Society and started submitting books for certification. At this point, I'm working on a high grade Astonishing Tales featuring Deathlok run.

So, to the point of this post. One of the books I have in my small collection is an Amazing Adventures #36, 30 cent price variant, that I bought at some point in the past. It is in a universal CGC holder, but with the older style header with the grade in the center and in small font. Grade is 9.2 which looking at the census there are only 2 higher in 9.4. Anyone interested in this particular item? Anyone willing to trade towards one of the Astonishing Tales variant books?

Reading this post, it looks like a lot of babble, but first posts are always the toughest so they say so go easy on me.

Thanks,

Paul~

I must be in the right place because I immediately appreciated the PVC rules, listed again below (riffing on Fight Club which was a great movie BTW) and the avatar photo of Ron Jeremy on the very first posting from 2004:

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

I only recently joined the Collector's Society and started submitting books for certification. At this point, I'm working on a high grade Astonishing Tales featuring Deathlok run.

So, to the point of this post. One of the books I have in my small collection is an Amazing Adventures #36, 30 cent price variant, that I bought at some point in the past. It is in a universal CGC holder, but with the older style header with the grade in the center and in small font. Grade is 9.2 which looking at the census there are only 2 higher in 9.4. Anyone interested in this particular item? Anyone willing to trade towards one of the Astonishing Tales variant books?

Reading this post, it looks like a lot of babble, but first posts are always the toughest so they say so go easy on me.

Thanks,

Paul~

nothing wrong with this, good luck!