• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

I know who they are.

I have ZERO interest in owning their 1st appearance.

Simple as that. Let other people sink money in them, while I buy what I like.

There so many books I perceive as "Keys" that I can buy for $725 in high grade.

And I could care less about movie speculation on them.

People are worried the "bubble" will pop with all this madness, but short term, I think it is great.

Filling dealer's pockets with money, more books will be bought from collectors, and repeat.

Helps me find books too, maybe just not the same ones.

I hear you on that but unfortunately for me ST 169 is a book I've wanted slabbed in high grade for a while because of my love for the series, same goes for Omega the Unknown #1 which doesn't show up too often in 9.6/9.8. It's like being into an underground band for years that has small following, they explode overnight and you never get to see them in a bar or small club again (*ahem Nirvana)

Edited by Lonzilla

I know who they are.

People are worried the "bubble" will pop with all this madness, but short term, I think it is great.

Filling dealer's pockets with money, more books will be bought from collectors, and repeat.

I hear you on that but unfortunately for me ST 169 is a book I've wanted slabbed in high grade for a while because of my love for the series, same goes for Omega the Unknown #1 which doesn't show up too often in 9.6/9.8. It's like being into an underground band for years that has small following, they explode overnight and you never get to see them in a bar or small club again (*ahem Nirvana)

Don't worry, just like Nirvana this first appearance witch hunt will go away soon.

I know who they are.

Don't worry, just like Nirvana this first appearance witch hunt will go away soon.

Checked prices for their 1st 7" lately? Yikes! http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-Love-Buzz-SUB-POP-195-1000-for-sale-by-ORIGINAL-OWNER-/111573086202?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19fa462ffa

Check out the comiclink 9.6 auction sale on the ST 169. $757. This is on the heels of a $210 sale in CGC 9.6 earlier this month. Is this real momentum or an anomaly? There is a raw copy an eBay seller is calling a 9.6 that ends tomorrow night. It's already created $200.

That Clink sale at $757 was my file LCS's copy from a super sweet OO collection they snagged last summer. Great for them. :applause:

Check out the comiclink 9.6 auction sale on the ST 169. $757. This is on the heels of a $210 sale in CGC 9.6 earlier this month. Is this real momentum or an anomaly? There is a raw copy an eBay seller is calling a 9.6 that ends tomorrow night. It's already created $200.

That Clink sale at $757 was my file LCS's copy from a super sweet OO collection they snagged last summer. Great for them. :applause:

Really? That was a great price! Im guessing someone thinks that book belongs in a 9.8 holder and I must admit it looks awfully nice. Did they send all their graded books to clink or did they test the waters with other auction houses?

I know who they are.

LOVE this analogy. Love both books you mentioned as well!

So funny at the LCS yesterday; someone came in and asked if they had Strange tales 169. Owner looked and said no.

Than the owner got a phone call no more than 5 minutes later and someone asked for a particular book, he went and looked and than came back to the phone and said I have it (was a strange tales 159) you want me to hold it, and I than he said oh..... 169 no I thought you said 159, I just checked on that same for a customer in the shop so sorry no I don't have it.

Apparently the word spreads beyond these threads, just thought it was funny as I had already looked in his strange tales box weeks ago.

Edited by 1p36DSA

You also heard it here first, New Avengers 54 will be the next book to have (will repost in modern section) but a neat story if you are a Brother Voodoo fan as he becomes the Sorcerer Supreme in this book. Can still be had for reasonable prices if you can't afford ST169

Edited by 1p36DSA

You also heard it here first, New Avengers 54 will be the next book to have (will repost in modern section) but a neat story if you are a Brother Voodoo fan as he becomes the Sorcerer Supreme in this book. Can still be had for reasonable prices if you can't afford ST169

That's a Modern and I personally don't see any reason for it to heat up. It's not like Strange is going to lose his powers in the first movie.

Avengers 112 in 3.. 2... 1...

:pullhair:

it's been hard enough trying to find this book, don't need any more hype!

Figured for sure Mantis would be introduced in GOTG2, not Age Of Ultron, so I was passing on mid grade copies for a while thinking I had at least another year to scoop 'em up. Grrrr woulda coulda shoulda

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bronze-Age-197083-/12590/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=avengers+112&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Figured for sure Mantis would be introduced in GOTG2, not Age Of Ultron, so I was passing on mid grade copies for a while thinking I had at least another year to scoop 'em up. Grrrr woulda coulda shoulda

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bronze-Age-197083-/12590/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=avengers+112&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Same logic I was using. Ah well, can't win them all.

thanks for apology but dang this board can be brutal when folks just want to share their thoughts

No kidding. People here need to chill. Not sure if some folks are just boosting post counts (shrug)

It's a good old boy club around here, or at least that's how it seems at times. Had the right person mentioned ST169 heating up no one would have questioned it. But a sub 1000 poster? No cred in the eyes of many. "Noob".

How do we join the club? Do we have to boost post our count? lol

Just like anyone does: Make cogent, thoughtful, well-expressed posts consistently, over a period of time.

It's not rocket surgery.

Back it up with some sales that are documented. Not some stupid auction war between two bidders as your evidence. So me several sales and I will agree. Show me an auction with a all time high as your evidence and you fail.

Look for trends. Several posters on here are only interested in advancing their agenda.

True it is hard to keep up with all of it, but I did buy a couple of these last year. :acclaim:

True it is hard to keep up with all of it, but I did buy a couple of these last year. :acclaim:

"Madam MacEvil" will be next!

lol I have been after this book for over a year and I was the under bidder on the 9.8 and 9.6 on Clink. Trust me I pushed those sales to way past GPA highs. If I was not getting either book I was going to make the other guy pay. If one popped up at some under the radar site you could find it cheaper.

I wanted a HG copy because I like the art/charactor/scarcity other than that I really have no clue why it is so popular but now that cat is out of the bag everyone seems to want a copy.