• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Noob Thread READ HERE BEFORE STARTING THREAD
9 9

254 posts in this topic

Honestly you might be too late if you wait until Saturday morning to submit books. I think they filled up late Friday or very early Saturday last year at Megacon and they were full within 4 hours of the show starting the year before.

Honestly you might be too late if you wait until Saturday morning to submit books. I think they filled up late Friday or very early Saturday last year at Megacon and they were full within 4 hours of the show starting the year before.

Only thing being is Stan the man will be there only saturday and sunday.... i doubt they won't be taking peoples submissions by then but who know...

Hello all, i have a noob question. I have a new mutants #98 cgc 9.8 that i would like signed by Rob If i get it signed and witnessed in front of cgc do they have to regrade the comic or will it get the same grade back that it was. Cause my luck they would regrade it and it would come back some lower grade and i would be really P/o.

Hello all, i have a noob question. I have a new mutants #98 cgc 9.8 that i would like signed by Rob If i get it signed and witnessed in front of cgc do they have to regrade the comic or will it get the same grade back that it was. Cause my luck they would regrade it and it would come back some lower grade and i would be really P/o.

They get regraded. Grade drops are always a risk.

They get regraded. Grade drops are always a risk.

Another Noob question Sean:

When getting a sig on an already yellow label book, who removes it from the slab and when?

The people at the CGC booth if at a show they are at or if sending to a facilitator they will crack it in front of their caw
:eek: So there's lots of potential for damage.

Thanks Darrell

Yeah there is potential but most of us have opened hundreds of slabs. I could do it in my sleep at this point.
What do you use to cut the inner well?

I have a noob question along these lines:

I just had a SS book go to CGC. When it comes back I'm planning on having more signatures added so that means the book will get cracked out at CGC's table by the facilitator.

When I first prepped the book I made a couple extra window bags for the book because I knew I'd be re-submitting for more signatures.

Is it helpful to the facilitator to send one of these window bags along with the CGC book so he has something to put it into when it gets cracked out?

I have a noob question along these lines:

I just had a SS book go to CGC. When it comes back I'm planning on having more signatures added so that means the book will get cracked out at CGC's table by the facilitator.

When I first prepped the book I made a couple extra window bags for the book because I knew I'd be re-submitting for more signatures.

Is it helpful to the facilitator to send one of these window bags along with the CGC book so he has something to put it into when it gets cracked out?

yes. Any time you can do your own window bags I personally prefer it as a facilitator. It means the signature is exactly where you want it to be. Only problem is when the window is too small.

The thread about the creators who still do sketches got me thinking:

If I sent a book to a facilitator to have signed - let's say Neal Adams for example - and I also wanted Neal to do a quick head sketch along with the sig, how would I go about that?

Obviously the sketch would be an additional charge.

The thread about the creators who still do sketches got me thinking:

If I sent a book to a facilitator to have signed - let's say Neal Adams for example - and I also wanted Neal to do a quick head sketch along with the sig, how would I go about that?

Obviously the sketch would be an additional charge.

You kind of answered your own question. If you send the book for Neal Adams signature you are basically asking for the remark sketch and not the signature itself. The remarking comes with the signature and thus what you are paying for. When I ask an artist or writer for a remark they don't remark without the signature they do both. So the way you go about it is paying the additional fee that it will require for the sketch/remark to both the facilitator and the creator.

Thanks.

Sorry if my question sounded redundant. I'm still relatively new to the SS game.

When I first ventured into this forum I saw announcements for sketch ops so I just assumed that was the only opportunity to get a sketch done. So it never occurred to me to ask facilitators about getting a sketch done.

It was the thread discussing talents who do sketches that was my ah-ha moment that the sketch ops were probably for the more elaborate stuff.

I've read through most of this thread, and i have a question that i didn't see on the boards.

I've read the artist can send the commissioned covers to CGC or a Dealer, So If i'm the artist and I do a sketch cover, Is it as simple as just bringing the finished covers to a comic-con and drop it off at the CGC booth and paying the fees associated with getting it graded?

Thanks!