• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 13 Description; "Waiting For The Man" - Season Finale

---------------------

NBC have released the first synopsis for the final episode of Constantine, and it sounds like it will be a big one as we finally learn the truth behind the Rising Darkness and Detective Jim Corrigan (Emmett Scanlan), a.k.a. The Spectre, returns.

---------------------

:ohnoez:

By the way, Quid Pro Quo was a really good episode.

- Now we know how and why Chas is able to come back to life multiple times.

- We run into another dark arts master that has ties to Doctor Fate. So if this show can keep on going, I'm assuming the good Doctor could appear soon.

- We learn about the darker side of Chas's relationship with his family in having to support John's quests at their sacrifice.

This is so much better than Supernatural right now.

CONSTANTINE Ratings See a Rise From Last Week!

-------------------

After the NBC series, Constantine, returned to a new earlier time slot with disappointing numbers, matching the series low of an 0.8 rating and 3.06 million total viewers, many fans feared it would be the final nail in the coffin for the show. Now as per-usual of Constantine, the show has bounced back as last nights episode of Constantine drew 3.5 million total viewers and a demo rating of 0.9, up 14 percent and a tenth from last week.

-------------------

:whee:

:wishluck:

Well, now the show is saved! Nobody messes with The Captain!

CONSTANTINE Ratings Up: William Shatner Is A Fan

--------------------

There may be some light at the end of the tunnel, though, as showrunner Daniel Cerone recently hinted Constantine could possibly move to another network. Cerone also tweeted he would like to do more episodes of Constantine, with specific mention of the Monkey King, who was named in last night's episode. Cerone also added if they do get a Season 2, he would like William Shatner to appear in an episode.

Speaking of William Shatner, it's also learned that the first Captain Kirk is a fan of Constantine, as Shatner live-tweeted last night's episode, as did Cerone.

--------------------

XWzC5eQ.png

CONSTANTINE Ratings See a Rise From Last Week!

-------------------

After the NBC series, Constantine, returned to a new earlier time slot with disappointing numbers, matching the series low of an 0.8 rating and 3.06 million total viewers, many fans feared it would be the final nail in the coffin for the show. Now as per-usual of Constantine, the show has bounced back as last nights episode of Constantine drew 3.5 million total viewers and a demo rating of 0.9, up 14 percent and a tenth from last week.

-------------------

:whee:

:wishluck:

I have been looking at the ratings. Constantine`s have gone up, while Flash and Gotham have gone down.

Will the tortoise beat the hare in the end?

hm

I would think with digital boxes for cable & satellite TV, it would be easy to see who is watching what.

Now, my question on that is, what about if you have multiple TVs but only one box, how do they track that? Where I live, the main TV & cable box is in the living room, but I watch all my stuff in my room, which is split off from the digital box, and the cable just hooks right into the back of my TV.

Anyone that works in the industry here that can answer these questions definitively?

-slym

I would think with digital boxes for cable & satellite TV, it would be easy to see who is watching what.

Now, my question on that is, what about if you have multiple TVs but only one box, how do they track that? Where I live, the main TV & cable box is in the living room, but I watch all my stuff in my room, which is split off from the digital box, and the cable just hooks right into the back of my TV.

Anyone that works in the industry here that can answer these questions definitively?

-slym

You get special equipment if you are a nielsen participant. Tracks every minute of every tv set.

SO, it is still based off of Nielsen ratings? That's lame... that means no matter how much I watch something, it doesn't count, but the "Nielsen families" get to account for my vote.

:(

No wonder Constantine is doing poorly in the "ratings." IMHO, they need to drop the Nielsen thing. It's , in this day & age, to assume what they watch is representative of what everyone else is watching, esp. with digital boxes. I know they can do it that way, as they seem to know how much a show is recorded via DVR and watched later.

meh

-slym

SO, it is still based off of Nielsen ratings? That's lame... that means no matter how much I watch something, it doesn't count, but the "Nielsen families" get to account for my vote.

No wonder Constantine is doing poorly in the "ratings." IMHO, they need to drop the Nielsen thing. It's , in this day & age, to assume what they watch is representative of what everyone else is watching, esp. with digital boxes. I know they can do it that way, as they seem to know how much a show is recorded via DVR and watched later.

meh

-slym

Out of the thousands of people that I have known in my lifetime zero of them have been a Nielson "rater". To me the ratings are all garbage.

meh

-slym

Out of the thousands of people that I have known in my lifetime zero of them have been a Nielson "rater". To me the ratings are all garbage.

which is why FX waited 3 days to release the veiwship of "The Strain" TV show. which had the live veiws, DVR Veiws, and On Demand veiws all together.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed last night's episode. But I'm a Constantine fan to begin with so that's not saying much. What IS impressive is that my wife who has been rather blah about the whole show actually found last night's episode interesting and gained even more interest when she saw the coming attractions for next week's episode.

She's no comic aficionado, so apparently SOMETHING in the context of that episode struck a chord in her. Maybe it's translating finally to the viewers that aren't really avid comic fans.....which is a good thing as well.

I guess we'll see what the ratings gods have to say.

If they do sadly pull this show......I can honestly say that Matt Ryan is MY Constantine moving forward. He's proven he's got the talent to pull it off IMHO.

If DC has some sort of moratorium on blending the television and movie universes they really should make an exception for Matt. I'd love to see him on the big screen with the rest of the BvS cast and Justice League Dark. Del Toro should absolutely make that happen. Nobody would be upset about that casting decision and it'd be one heckuva way for DC/WB to make up for the utter mishandling by NBC.

Why is it that NBC just refuses to advertise this show? Is it too much to ask for their own network to tell people that the show is actually on television? I guess so based upon their profound lack of hype.

With only two episodes left in its 13-show run and in its third week at 8 PM, NBC’s Constantine (0.8/3) felt the pain as it lost the long sought upward momentum it caught last week. This week, the demon detective series based on the acclaimed DC Comics owned publication was down 11% from January 23 to match its worst result since it debuted on October 24. Once again, Constantine was last among the Big 4 in its time slot.

Well that's all fine and dandy. NBC can go ahead and cancel Constantine if that's what they've gotta do. Having said that, there's NOTHING else I watch on that godforsaken channel ATM. Without Hannibal I've got absolutely no reason to tune in and I'm sure that show is going to eventually jump the shark so whatever.

In the 21st century with torrents and iTunes and on-demand, etc. there's a lot more to viewership that Nielsen ratings. Let NBC keep making executive decisions based on 1950's technology and sensibilities. That sounds like a SOLID idea... lol

Maybe we can goto a sock-hop and grab a root-beer at the drive-in as well?