• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

I have all three bettie page queen of the Nile books that I may be sending for a grade. They look like high mid to high 9's but maybe not 9.8s. So hard to say. Debating on sending them in for grading. All my other dave stevens Cgc books are 9.8, as I bought them already graded. Kinda wanna keep the 9.8 run going

Were you able to talk CGC into grading Dave Steven's 1st professional published work?

destiny_2.jpg

:acclaim:

I didn't even have to talk to them. I just sent it in and it's listed as part of my 1st submission this year. It should be graded sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. :cloud9:

Were you able to talk CGC into grading Dave Steven's 1st professional published work?

destiny_2.jpg

I didn't even have to talk to them. I just sent it in and it's listed as part of my 1st submission this year. It should be graded sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. :cloud9:

OMG!

That is super news. And since I guessed it, what Dave Stevens gift do I win?

:whee:

destiny_2.jpg

OMG!

That is super news. And since I guessed it, what Dave Stevens gift do I win?

:whee:

hm

Nice book! :golfclap: I would love to hear the story of how you found this? Hopefully a 9.8. :wishluck: Isn't it painful to wait for your cgc books to return? I am waiting on 4 Stevens Covers to come back from CGC right now and am embarassed to admit I check my status page about 4X's a day.

Nice book! :golfclap: I would love to hear the story of how you found this? Hopefully a 9.8. :wishluck: Isn't it painful to wait for your cgc books to return? I am waiting on 4 Stevens Covers to come back from CGC right now and am embarassed to admit I check my status page about 4X's a day.

A 9.8 definitely won't happen. Maybe 9.4 but I'm thinking more like 9.0/9.2. Even so, there are no existing graded copies and they are VERY hard to find.

I was a dealer at the North Texas Comic Show in Dallas over the past weekend and found a little time to peruse the other vendors' offerings. I was at one booth digging through a bunch of magazines and found nothing of real interest. The last thing I looked at in the last box was this:

RocketeerScreenplay_zpsd3b03883.jpg

I'm sure it's not worth much of anything as it's a photocopy of the revised 2nd draft of the Rocketeer screenplay. I thought it was just neat to have and I only paid $5.00 for it. :)

I was a dealer at the North Texas Comic Show in Dallas over the past weekend and found a little time to peruse the other vendors' offerings. I was at one booth digging through a bunch of magazines and found nothing of real interest. The last thing I looked at in the last box was this:

RocketeerScreenplay_zpsd3b03883.jpg

I'm sure it's not worth much of anything as it's a photocopy of the revised 2nd draft of the Rocketeer screenplay. I thought it was just neat to have and I only paid $5.00 for it. :)

That's cool. (thumbs u

The comic shop in Pike Place Market in Seattle has a wall of moviescript photocopies.

A 9.8 definitely won't happen. Maybe 9.4 but I'm thinking more like 9.0/9.2. Even so, there are no existing graded copies and they are VERY hard to find.

I just saw the grade on that Destiny Science Fiction #2 fanzine I submitted. It's coming back a 9.6!! :o:whee: