• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Graaa...Now I have to get everything below 100. Damn it. Seeing all your delightful pics just makes me want more. Damn hobby!

(I just recently finished acquiring 100-700 and all the variants for Vol 3)

This past weekend, I broke up my ASM run to fund a hard to find GA book. It was a tough decision even though I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my books for a long time.

I still have most of the big and early books (AF 15, ASM 1,2,3,4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 20, 31, 50) with the intent of off loading lower grade or poor eye appeal.

I put most of the run together pre internet, so many of the books that I sold were G/VG to VG + copies. Being a kid from SW Ontario, this was surprisingly difficult if you didn't attend conventions.

With that I have two questions:

What do you think the quintessential run is?

What grade is the minimum you would get for both key and non key books?

This past weekend, I broke up my ASM run to fund a hard to find GA book. It was a tough decision even though I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my books for a long time.

I still have most of the big and early books (AF 15, ASM 1,2,3,4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 20, 31, 50) with the intent of off loading lower grade or poor eye appeal.

I put most of the run together pre internet, so many of the books that I sold were G/VG to VG + copies. Being a kid from SW Ontario, this was surprisingly difficult if you didn't attend conventions.

What do you think the quintessential run is? AF 15, ASM 1-50

What grade is the minimum you would get for both key and non key books? If you can afford it, I'd go minimum 4.0 for grade. Nice solid copies with good eye appeal.

What do you think the quintessential run is?

What grade is the minimum you would get for both key and non key books?

AF15, ASM 1-50. Having said that, I'm now just focusing on 1-20 and Annual 1.

My grade cut off is 4.0 as well, but it's got to be the "right" 4.0, with off white or better pages, and no staple rust or moisture/water stains.

Occasionally, there'll be a 3.5 early issue that is undergraded and works out as well, but those are pretty few and far between.

IMHO, tightly graded books in the 4.0-5.5 range are some of the best "bang for your buck" books out there for collectors, despite their perceived lack of investment qualities.

Here's my humble collection, have a few more coming back from the cgc (ASM 15, 20) smudges are on the case itself, not the comic and the ASM 13 is PLOD because color touch and tape on inside cover, everything else is restoration free

Cp82Uj9.jpg

ocrYUyn.jpg

xJkSq86.jpg

I'll get a scanner for slabs one day hm

Bp5Qb31.jpg

b7eJg6S.jpg

Edited by nsigler

Newest pick up - many thanks to Andy (thirdgreenham).

My favorite Spidey villain!

nr13th.jpg

.....what a good book. It's always been one of my favorites..... I missed it on the stands but caught it a few years later in one of those squarebound Marvel Tales. I could never choose a favorite ASM.......but 4, 6, 7, 13, 20, 25-27....... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... congrats on a real sharp one....

Hey! One of the old threads is still around! :whee:

Yep, they haven't all gotten rebooted.

I thought they were all rebooted? We are allowed to post here? lol.

Then this thread needs pictures.....even if I posted them before. (shrug)

First 8 Spidey appearences in order. :cloud9:

2012-07-29202243.jpg[/img]