• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

Snagged another TARGET this am:

$_57.JPG

Nice one! That's easily my personal favorite of the Cole Target covers; a very rare case for me where I did pay extra for a better presenting cover. Still a relatively cheap copy; but I'm the sort of collector who would rather have 10 beat up books I can read & scan rather than one beautiful one I don't dare open.

Never noticed that one before. Cool cover. (Paging Agatha Christie.....)

HA! Very true. Those action themed comics have a bit of that feel to them, along with the young boy can solve any crime vibe. :)

I like most of Cole's Target covers, some are downright classic. This one is great, the V9 #12 with the black background and the "classic" hovering face with the cast buried in jewels, and the bullseye cover (V10 #2) are among them. I think I only need 2 more to have all of his Targe covers, but they cover several volumes and skip issues here and there so I'll have to check my lists and confirm that....

Thanks guys!

I'd like to take a moment to remind folks to check out the recently published oversized (9.25" X 13.25") flexibound book that's chock full of LB Cole's best cover art.

b4755907d5d68d62a23f70a90a00b6cb_zpsb71679d0.jpg

Here's the Fantagraphic's link:

http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-shop/black-light-the-world-of-l-b-cole.html?vmcchk=1

The publisher has done a phenomenal job assembling this impressive collection.

Indeed, Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole is a monumental achievement of the first order, jaw-dropping in size, scope and quality of reproduction.

Moreover, this is a visual tome designed to overwhelm. Not a snack, but a full course feast to be savored rather than consumed in a single sitting.

I'm proud to be among boardies who've contributed to this project through providing scans of rare comic covers & other art. Highly recommended!!!

I'd like to take a moment to remind folks to check out the recently published oversized (9.25" X 13.25") flexibound book that's chock full of LB Cole's best cover art.

http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-shop/black-light-the-world-of-l-b-cole.html?vmcchk=1

Indeed, Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole is a monumental achievement of the first order, jaw-dropping in size, scope and quality of reproduction.

Moreover, this is a visual tome designed to overwhelm. Not a snack, but a full course feast to be savored rather than consumed in a single sitting.

I'm proud to be among boardies who've contributed to this project through providing scans of rare comic covers & other art. Highly recommended!!!

(thumbs u I picked up a copy of this last month and I love it !

+1 ×1000!

I actually have 2 copies after ordering one and getting one as a thank you for participating in donating copies. I'm planning on having one up for grabs at a discount if I can ever get my in line for a sale. Stay tuned Cole fans! :)

I just picked up my thank you copy from the Post Office today. :acclaim: It's a really nice book, and they used 9 of my 15 submitted book scans :cloud9: ...but not my Mile High Eagle #2...what's up with THAT? There's two images of the same World Rod and Gun magazine cover in there, but not my Eagle #2... :sorry: I guess nobody's perfect... (shrug)

Edited by tricolorbrian