• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,087 posts in this topic

:roflmao: At least you can use the sauna now.

:whee:

We all have our crosses to bear.I can't seem to get into that damn F.F.#1 club! :pullhair:

A wad of sweaty bills should get you there. At least you have an AF 15. I never really thought I'd try to acquire one (Hulk was always my favorite, Spidey's pretty far down the list), but I've recently been hm But $7 grand + for a 2ish copy? :eek: I'll probably end up getting an FF1 first. Sheesh.

Most likely it'll be Showcase 22 or BB 28 next for me in the near future, though.

Hey all --

I posted this in the CG Comiclink thread, but I figured I should post here as well -- finally have my #4 to go along with my 7.0 #1 I posted a while back...totally psyched!

Dan

Avengers492_zpsc81fd41b.jpg

finally own both books to post in here

Avengers01_zps53f74c06.jpg

001_zpsd2594525.jpg

:golfclap:

I don't know why they bother calling a 1.0 restored for a tiny bit of glue on the spine. Just add it to the (long) list of defects allowable in the grade, basically like a stain, and let it go. There is a point where such a minor issue just doesn't matter.

I don't know why they bother calling a 1.0 restored for a tiny bit of glue on the spine. Just add it to the (long) list of defects allowable in the grade, basically like a stain, and let it go. There is a point where such a minor issue just doesn't matter.

Agree 100%!

Hey all --

I posted this in the CG Comiclink thread, but I figured I should post here as well -- finally have my #4 to go along with my 7.0 #1 I posted a while back...totally psyched!

Dan

Great book. ! Congrats on the win ! lots of action on this book last night.

Hey all --

Dan

(worship) Great looking book. White, white, white, so fresh looking !!!

Great addition to the collection, Dan. That copy looks like it has incredibly well preserved cover paper. When you see copies of this ish lined up, it's really impressive how the snowy white covers stand out from the crowd for their beauty.

The DD #1 and TOS #57 were two other white cover books that really shone in this collection.

I agree. I took a run at that TOS 57 but ended up 3rd or 4th in the bidding...had gone to the wall for Captain America but couldn't rationalize another GPA record for Hawkeye.

But that collection's white covers were to die for; only problem now is that when I compare my other white covers to the #4, I will weep for them.

Dan