• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a dan dillon aka da_dillo on eBay.

Zero feedback ID, apparently so new to ebay he registered the day he won my book.

email provided to ebay maasddsa@aol.com is a dead end.

I fear this is probably yet another non-paying bidder---I'm going to have to adjust my eBay settings so nobody with less then 5 can bid. Or maybe even higher.

This is becoming a real problem :sorry:

I had one of those recently. I assumed BS was forthcoming, but everything went smooth. They opened an account and bought my somewhat high priced item on the same day, which is usually red flag central.

But I got lucky...so far...

Zero feedback ID, apparently so new to ebay he registered the day he won my book.

I fear this is probably yet another non-paying bidder---I'm going to have to adjust my eBay settings so nobody with less then 5 can bid. Or maybe even higher.

You can't do that, Rich - eBay doesn't allow you to block zero feedback bidders from buying. Sorry to hear about your recent spate of troubles :foryou:

Yeah, years ago you used to be able to block buyers based on feedback score, now you can only block them if they have a score of -1 or less - ironic since sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers.

You can block based on NPB strikes and policy violations, but eBay sets the threshold at 2 NPB strikes and 4 policy violations. That's the best you can do. So they get to screw around a bit before the block goes into effect.

Yeah, years ago you used to be able to block buyers based on feedback score, now you can only block them if they have a score of -1 or less - ironic since sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers.

You can block based on NPB strikes and policy violations, but eBay sets the threshold at 2 NPB strikes and 4 policy violations. That's the best you can do. So they get to screw around a bit before the block goes into effect.

ranks up there in the silliest rules out there (and there are a few)

You can't do that, Rich - eBay doesn't allow you to block zero feedback bidders from buying. Sorry to hear about your recent spate of troubles :foryou:

Perhaps not---but what I can do is pay closer attention to who is bidding and just add zero feedback bidders user ID to my block list. They can't stop me from doing that. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rich_Henn

ebay user id: 9099553

This buyer uses MyUS.com as an international courier so he can get items shipped internationally even if you only ship to the US. The thing is the courier repackages the items before they ship it to him. If an item gets damaged in shipping he immediately gives the seller negative feedback instead of contacting MyUS.com who is responsible for damage after they receive it undamaged.

Just a brief follow up --- not that it's terribly important if you've already blocked this guy.

But I followed up on his information provided----email address, physical street address, phone number--all provided to ebay when he opened his account is false.

I reported the buyer to ebay, they may well shut down the account for false information---but if they don't, you definitely want to add this one to non-payer list.

Add this one to your block list folks. Bought a trade from my Ebay store, but never paid nor heard from again.

pedro08107710

Also got three more coming soon if they don't respond to the unpaid cases. I will post their user IDs as soon as the cases are close. Never had this many non-paying bidders at one time.

I had to laugh. Like I said, fortunately it wasn't high grade. Looking at her listings I can see that comic books are not the focus. I'm prolly going to send her a polite message to let her know that she should consider springing for the extra piece of cardboard.

Edit: Update. I sent her a polite message. She responded w/in a minute as follows:

"Thanks so very much.....sort of a little hesitant as to how much to protect....but I will do so!!!! Thanks very very much!~!!!"

Balance and faith in humanity restored. What a great reply

Edited by KPR Comics

I had to laugh. Like I said, fortunately it wasn't high grade. Looking at her listings I can see that comic books are not the focus. I'm prolly going to send her a polite message to let her know that she should consider springing for the extra piece of cardboard.

Edit: Update. I sent her a polite message. She responded w/in a minute as follows:

"Thanks so very much.....sort of a little hesitant as to how much to protect....but I will do so!!!! Thanks very very much!~!!!"

Balance and faith in humanity restored. What a great reply

+1 Great to see someone who is willing to learn from mistakes

I bought a piece of art and the seller PM'd me asking me how would I like the piece sent, sandwiched in cardboard or rolled in a tube.

My reply? Boxed.

I will wait a little longer but they agreed to send it boxed.