• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I will ask GAtor a question along the same lines. Between tec62 and 69, which would you go for and why ?

Tec 69 is a personal fav and better cover imo

I am looking to pick up at least one or two Joker covers (for now). I too find the 69 to be a really cool cover. Hook me up with a copy then please Rick. 7.5+

Sold mine more than a year ago

:(

what grade ?

better than 7.5 (thumbs u

Hey G.A.tor,

If you had to choose between Superman 2 and Action Comics 23, which would you pick and why? (Assuming same grade, page quality etc.)

Action 23 all day. Uncommon, first lex, high demand.

Action 12 or 14, and why please

12. Better cover, cooler zatara story, scarcer in the market

Hey G.A.tor,

If you had to choose between Superman 2 and Action Comics 23, which would you pick and why? (Assuming same grade, page quality etc.)

Action 7 or Bat 1 and why por favor. Bill, hold your thoughts :)

Bat 1 is the better book. Action 7 more valuable at this point in time

Hey G.A.tor,

action 1s driving the 7s up. 1st Joker vs. 2nd Supe cover..no doubt, Bat 1 is the better book cover to cover. Tough call.

I will ask GAtor a question along the same lines. Between tec62 and 69, which would you go for and why ?

Both great books. #62 for being the first Joker cover, and #69 for being one of the best Joker images of all time. You need both!

Think you're right Jeff. (thumbs u

Hey G.A.tor,

action 1s driving the 7s up. 1st Joker vs. 2nd Supe cover..no doubt, Bat 1 is the better book cover to cover. Tough call.

Depends on what you're asking. Which book is more important, or which book will rise higher in value. Batman #1 is, in my mind, clearly the more important book.

Hey G.A.tor,

Depends on what you're asking. Which book is more important, or which book will rise higher in value. Batman #1 is, in my mind, clearly the more important book.

probably every angle you can think of to gain a full assessment :)

G.A. tor:

Have you ever owned or even seen a copy of Adventures of the Dover Boys #2? It has a Scarcity Index No. of 5 in Gerber, but there's no picture of it. I'm fairly sure I've never seen one.

never owned or seen hm

G.A. tor:

Have you ever owned or even seen a copy of Adventures of the Dover Boys #2? It has a Scarcity Index No. of 5 in Gerber, but there's no picture of it. I'm fairly sure I've never seen one.

Does it actually exist? No listing on GCD. It's in Overstreet, but I think he has a few phantom books in there for copyright purposes.

G.A. tor:

Does it actually exist? No listing on GCD. It's in Overstreet, but I think he has a few phantom books in there for copyright purposes.

I have no idea whether it was one of Bob's intentional phantom books, but I'm guessing that it doesn't exist.

G.A.tor is this a real book out there or is it a phantom book ?

I been looking for 1 for years and i am not alone. lol

<a  href=DoubleActionComics1_zps69675825.jpg' alt

Not a real book

There has been talk that was 2 copys of #1 out there right. I know this is a photocopy that Matt did of what he said the book would look like i was told.

Not a real book

There has been talk that was 2 copys of #1 out there right. I know this is a photocopy that Matt did of what he said the book would look like i was told.

No ones ever produced so I say nay

Not a real book

No ones ever produced so I say nay

I have looked for 30 years. I too say nay.

G.A.tor,

So all things being equal, how much does a books pedigree increase the value of a book? (i.e. two books with same grade, but one book is a Larson copy.)

I believe it absolutely is more desirable in most every case but I never seen a consistent % value increase.