• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Hornet Comics Run
1 1

55 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to show off a little run that I've been collecting of Green Hornet Comics Schomburg (and War) covers. I think these covers are very underrated and a few of them are quite scarce in the marketplace. Anyway, they give me a lot of pleasure and the hunt was very fun so I thought I would share them.

The first is #15....it's debatable whether or not Schomburg did this one, but it is a cool cover nonetheless

152408.jpg.51ee34f7597725aa5779b9ba65d03a30.jpg

Edited by Hoarder

Next is #16. I love this cover. Honestly, I bought this off Metro and am shocked that it came back Purple label. I guess it could always be unrestored if necessary.

152409.jpg.d27fa05319a3175dd7f7a23f6bff311b.jpg

Edited by Hoarder

23 never did it for me. I don't know why, but the cover is a little murky.

I know Schomburg didn't do #24, but this is just a great, great cover.

Anyway, that's it. I just really enjoyed this little run and appreciate you guys checking it out.

152420.jpg.e1b779e2d2714fa37c40133c2c481bf5.jpg

Edited by Hoarder

23 never did it for me. I don't know why, but the cover is a little murky.

I know Schomburg didn't do #24, but this is just a great, great cover.

Anyway, that's it. I just really enjoyed this little run and appreciate you guys checking it out.

Thanks for sharing...TERRIFIC run! :applause::applause::applause:

mm

Cool books. Thanks for posting them!

Fantastic! Any interior shots or house ads? I'm curious what these early Harvey's looked like inside.

Here's one from GREEN HORNET #16.

16299081161_946222495f.jpg

mm

Thanks Marty; not a bad house ad! I have fond memories of the later Harvey house ads that Harvey produced for the kids books. Nice to see this earlier version.