• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So what would happen if someone did another write up and posted a poll? I'm still confused on that part of the process. What has to happen for a HOS poll to be considered legit?

congress_house_floor_jw_605.jpg

Technically, I think it's the opposite. The way I see it, anyone can write up and post an HOS poll and call for a vote on any one at any time. Now, if you do that and it's a frivolous nomination, you should be ridiculed, and receive 10 demerits. :o

I would like to vote- Yes for hustruck\CGCguy as a HoS inductee.

There no anonymity from me,and have truly heard enough 500 posts ago. (thumbs u

I second that vote. Motion Granted.

Branget: (So you know it is for you without quoting 7 quotes)

How would you ever know why someone lies or what goes on in their heads? By that standard, very few people would be guilty. You have to go by their actions and statements.

You're right. I don't know. I am simply stating one possibility which is just as likely. My logic is that the buyer is not out any money. I also do not see any lies to complete a sale.

That's not correct. He is out the benefit of the bargain. The difference in price between the agreed upon price and the replacement value of the book. Contracts 101

Revenue is not cost avoidance. Accounting 101

But profit is. If I save myself expense I have more profit.

lol I know, but Swick wrote one up and it resulted in an overwhelming yes vote but somehow did not count because of a vocal minority. I am starting to thing it would take an act of congress to get this one pushed through.

i don't want to disagree with you personally but i don't like when things are written that aren't true and give people the wrong impression and in this case people who voted no or had concerns about the nomination that Swick wrote.

The nomination was flawed as it contained information not relevant to the nomination and lacked evidence to support the claim. it was premature and now that has led to a stronger case for his induction.

Yes, the argument shark was jumped about three hours ago.

That's about the time I got here.......hey waitaminute!! lol

I used your example and made a modification. If being belligerent was an HOS issue the boards would be mainly HOS members. :)

1. Stated that he told 4comix the picture of the broken slab was an example, not the actual book. Text from 4comix never shows that statement. The text shows he was claiming it was the book.

2. Still sticking to the story that the book had a cracked slab upon arrival when the email from the ebay seller shows that he never received the book.

3. Admitting to selling the book before he owned it.

4. Proven he used another photo of a cracked slab as proof "his" slab was cracked. This photo was taken from the boards themselves form yet another board member's post. So two members were used for this transgression.

Anyone with more to add?

:bump:

This guy has had a shady history almost since day 1. He's been nominated for the PL more than once ( please correct me if I'm wrong ). Motive and intent? Obviously he's trying to use the boards to make money..not a crime as I can name a dozen people off the top of my head who do the same and they don't give a squirt about the "community". The issues are with the stream of lies and deceptions...it's ridiculous. Maybe he doesn't belong in the HoS by the letter of the "law", but the eyeball test has HoS written all over this guy. 2c

It really is this simple.

Leave it to a bunch of comic nerds to circle jerk to death all the various nuances of each and every post and excuse and reason.

You guys kill me. Common sense + eyeball/sniff test = HOS.

Yes, the argument shark was jumped about three hours ago.

That's about the time I got here.......hey waitaminute!! lol

Ciara you are one of the most logical guys I know,and I concur with you on all counts.

Edited by oakman29

This guy has had a shady history almost since day 1. He's been nominated for the PL more than once ( please correct me if I'm wrong ). Motive and intent? Obviously he's trying to use the boards to make money..not a crime as I can name a dozen people off the top of my head who do the same and they don't give a squirt about the "community". The issues are with the stream of lies and deceptions...it's ridiculous. Maybe he doesn't belong in the HoS by the letter of the "law", but the eyeball test has HoS written all over this guy. 2c

Leave it to a bunch of comic nerds to circle jerk to death all the various nuances of each and every post and excuse and reason

this could easily be a custom title for someone, not you but a great one for some else

One thing you learn from these discussions is who may try to pull a fast one in the future...

I completely understand the perception I risk in these discussions. My personal practices exceed all board and eBay rules I am aware of. I'm afraid the assumptions made would be false but I understand and assume all liability.

Is one of your arguments that HT never said he owned the book? So that he actually didn't lie about NOT OWNING it? And therefore it isn't fraud?

Because that's what it looks like your saying, and its really making it hard for anyone to take anything else you say seriously.

As stated by someone smarter than me previously, his LIE about the crack was to save himself $400 (why he didn't realize he was selling for less than his purchase price earlier is beyond me). This is the BEST case scenario, and already worth of HOS. If he just said, "I don't want to sell it anymore, I'm losing money," THEN I agree that it should just be PL. But because he MADE UP THE EXTRA LIE, and NEVER OWNED THE BOOK, it really should be a no doubter.

Presales like your opening paragraph happen all the time. Ask Dre how many drop ship requests he gets. lol

HT did not communicate that. That's it. ( as far as the sales thread)

You're on your own Jeff - I don't agree with the majority of what you are stating. You can't liken what Hustruck did to someone pre-selling on the boards.

Granted, nothing pisses me off more than to watch sellers trying to take advantage of something hot and pre-selling it weeks before a show knowing they are not guaranteed the book, then watching them scramble on the show floor trying to get the book - bugging me or other board members to help them cover their butts.

If you don't have it or have pre-arranged to sell it then don't sell it.

Too long for the airport but please show me where he lied to make money.

He shilled several ebay listings on two separate occasions and lied about it both times.

Quit defending him. He has no business being allowed to sell here. The only reason he hasn't blatantly taken funds from a boardie through lies and deception is because he hasn't figured out how to do it yet. He has not been railroaded. His numerous issues are not a result of poor communication. He is a nice guy scumbag that plays dumb or aloof when his actions or words are questioned.

The HoS doesn't need to be protected here. Its a tool to be used by board members to inform them of who not to deal with under any circumstance. Hustruck apparently presents some type of problem in one way or another every time he makes a transaction. Why support that? Why defend that? The only difference between him and the more prominent hall of shame members is that he likely has neither the capital nor the intelligence to scam someone out of hundreds or thousands of dollars, but the behavior displayed is the same.

Jeff, this is just a vote. It's up to the members as to whether or not the majority thinks he's been bad enough to go into the hall of shame.

I stated I voted no before only because I didn't think we had the facts that were needed to make a decision.

Once the texts were posted, Hustruck (CGCboy) posted his response, I could see there was enough available information to make an informed decision.

Then we had the name change. I'm not going to comment on that, but it's a fact that we can consider.

I was fine with letting the old vote stand once I saw the information, but a new vote would be even better.

So you read the texts, you read Hustruck's response and you make your own decision, you vote.

Meanwhile, Jaybuck has another thread working on clarifying the process, but we've worked on this one more than enough at this point.

Safe flight!

Leave it to a bunch of comic nerds to circle jerk to death all the various nuances of each and every post and excuse and reason.

The majority of people here want HOS. The problem is there are a few respected long time members here who don't want him in the HOS which is causing the hold up.

Best post in the last 4 hrs. It's not like we are going to incarcerate Hasan.

I voted yes for HOS in the original poll. It came from a place of not liking to see a boardie messed with.

After Hector brought up the Red Rocks incident I'm second guessing what is PL or HOS worthy at this point. Yes Hustruck tried a scam but at the end of the day no one is out money here on the boards. Same as with the DT/RR/Beige incident. I probably wouldn't vote HOS on either now.

If someone bought something here and mailed a brick to a buyer or tried to pull a chargeback on a seller after receiving an item I would definitely vote yes on HOS.

But why put up with people like that? It makes it seem like his only crime was getting caught.

I voted yes for HOS in the original poll. It came from a place of not liking to see a boardie messed with.

After Hector brought up the Red Rocks incident I'm second guessing what is PL or HOS worthy at this point. Yes Hustruck tried a scam but at the end of the day no one is out money here on the boards. Same as with the DT/RR/Beige incident. I probably wouldn't vote HOS on either now.

If someone bought something here and mailed a brick to a buyer or tried to pull a chargeback on a seller after receiving an item I would definitely vote yes on HOS.

But why put up with people like that? It makes it seem like his only crime was getting caught.

Nobody should put up with it. I'm just basing my decision on the HOS process as it is now. Pages upon pages of all this back and forth shows that it is flawed. I personally believe that his transgression was worse than the Red Rocks incident. Hustruck openly tried to deceive the community whereas Red Rocks' crime was flipping.

I think polls should be open instead of hidden as well (board ids) - this would help stop any favoritism.

Edited by BeachBum

The majority of people here want HOS. The problem is there are a few respected long time members here who don't want him in the HOS which is causing the hold up.

I still do not understand how people think this. 1) There is no vocal minority holding anything up. A vocal group emerged almost from the start saying hey guys lets wait till all the evidence is in. Crassus and Sha asked for the Pms on multiple occasions, they were only posted last night. 2) The poll was pulled because Harvey decided to pull it. We don't know why he did, but he chose to. My hope is Harvey realized that it was too quick to put the poll up and he should have waited till we had more to go on :foryou:

Nobody should put up with it. I'm just basing my decision on the HOS process as it is now. Pages upon pages of all this back and forth shows that it is flawed. I personally believe that his transgression was worse than the Red Rocks incident. Hustruck openly tried to deceive the community whereas Red Rocks' crime was flipping.

I think polls should be open instead of hidden as well (board ids) - this would help stop any favoritism.

I disagree completely...and this is why

I really was unhappy when the poll was pulled. Stuff like that should not happen. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. If the poll got pulled because a few people spoke up about it, won't that influence voting, too?

Talking should take place before and after and the polls should be blind, no one should see the results till it's too late to influence people...and I firmly believe they should be in CG, not here.

There are a lot more members than just the people who post on this thread.