• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

darinaa1986 (6) feedback

Non-paying bidder on $50 worth of comics.

Messaged me through eBay the day after they won asking when I would ship,

I replied as soon as they paid.

Never heard from them again.

You have to PAY? :o

What the hell kinda deal is THAT?

:signfunny:

Penagchris

Non payer...... Emailed me and asked if I could wait till the Friday for payment after he hit the buy it now..... Then emailed me to say he would give me $50 a month for the next 7 months........WTF....... I hate that you can't give them negative feedback as a non payer. Gotta love ebay!

Penagchris

Non payer...... Emailed me and asked if I could wait till the Friday for payment after he hit the buy it now..... Then emailed me to say he would give me $50 a month for the next 7 months........WTF....... I hate that you can't give them negative feedback as a non payer. Gotta love ebay!

FYI --- CASE SENSITIVE

penagchris

Also-- you can avoid this problem by changing your settings so that anyone pressing "Buy It Now" cannot get the item until they have completed payment for it. The item remains up for sale until the BIN payment is processed. I also do not allow people to pay with e-checks as this process can fool the buy it now and it can take a week for the transaction to complete. I made this switch quite a while ago when I ran into a similar BIN buyer who dragged their feet and eventually cancelled sale. Their actions cost me a sale to someone else. This is a very effective way to stop that type of behavior. Don't have the cash right now-- then you cannot buy it now, can you?

Penagchris

FYI --- CASE SENSITIVE

penagchris

Also-- you can avoid this problem by changing your settings so that anyone pressing "Buy It Now" cannot get the item until they have completed payment for it. The item remains up for sale until the BIN payment is processed. I also do not allow people to pay with e-checks as this process can fool the buy it now and it can take a week for the transaction to complete. I made this switch quite a while ago when I ran into a similar BIN buyer who dragged their feet and eventually cancelled sale. Their actions cost me a sale to someone else. This is a very effective way to stop that type of behavior. Don't have the cash right now-- then you cannot buy it now, can you?

The last time I wanted to change this, it was only one option for certain sellers -- I believe only if you have a store (or similar). Has this been changed?

Penagchris

FYI --- CASE SENSITIVE

penagchris

The last time I wanted to change this, it was only one option for certain sellers -- I believe only if you have a store (or similar). Has this been changed?

I had set this up so long ago that I assumed it was still there. Perhaps it is an option when you set up the listing now (or a default). Not sure-- I could not find the area in site preferences that I thought I set this up previously.

The feature is still there and this page explains how it may be used....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

key elements:

How to require immediate payment in your listing

To add an immediate payment requirement to your listing:

Create a fixed-price listing or an auction-style listing with a Buy It Now option.

In the Decide how you'd like to be paid section of the listing form, select the option to Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now.

Complete your listing.

Well I was just able to go into one of my current BIN listings and revise to require immediate payment.

However, at least for me, this is good and bad. I have had a couple items purchased (larger items) that had to wait for an eCheck to clear. Always came through.

Also-- you can avoid this problem by changing your settings so that anyone pressing "Buy It Now" cannot get the item until they have completed payment for it. The item remains up for sale until the BIN payment is processed.

This isn't true for comic listings and if you require immediate payment you cannot offer combined shipping discounts.

Also-- you can avoid this problem by changing your settings so that anyone pressing "Buy It Now" cannot get the item until they have completed payment for it. The item remains up for sale until the BIN payment is processed.

This isn't true for comic listings and if you require immediate payment you cannot offer combined shipping discounts.

true-- but when I buy something and plan on buying others from the same seller, you can just do the "save to cart" -- then process the whole list at once after requesting the seller send you a combined invoice.

If someone just wants the one book-- this allows you to get paid immediately with the stated shipping terms. If they put the item in the cart instead, the book is still listing and can be bought by someone else-- so in effect you never lose a chance at the sale from others. It stops people from high jacking your book from sale if their intentions are devious.

I did it for my comic listing.

Revised an existing BIN and saw a small checkbox under the "Select How You'll Be Paid" heading.

bin_zps5c5a02cc.png

Thx-now I understand

Buyer's name: Center Ice Sports Cards

Buyer's email: poker_robbie@yahoo.com

Ebay User Name: roblecastre

Bought a book from me, while item was still in shipment on the way to him he opened a paypal claim for not receiving the item. Item was shipped 12 hours after he purchased it.

I had a bidder, who was high (and only) bidder on a 99¢ book for a few days now, message me and ask me to cancel his bid. No explanation, just "please cancel my bid on this item."

At least he was polite, and I won't add his name to the thread, but it still rubs me the wrong way. I personally blocked them, though. Am I overreacting?

-slym

I had a bidder, who was high (and only) bidder on a 99¢ book for a few days now, message me and ask me to cancel his bid. No explanation, just "please cancel my bid on this item."

At least he was polite, and I won't add his name to the thread, but it still rubs me the wrong way. I personally blocked them, though. Am I overreacting?

-slym

a little -- they did contact you and it was only 99 cents. If anything, they saved you money/hassle.

But a block is not a terrible idea either-- it is your storefront. Kind of a depends thing based on how long they had the bid out there, the feedback score, how much time was left. If it was under 12 hours left, they can't retract unless it was less than an hour since the bid was made.

They put their bid in on Wednesday night. The auction ends tomorrow night.

It's a 99¢ comic, really, so I was glad to see it get a bid. But, I have to admit, it is weird for someone to want to pay $4 shipping on one cheap comic, I put a run of these out in hopes someone would want many of them and they could get a good deal that way. (The comics are mid-grade early Wolverine issues.)

Oh well, as I said, I am not going to try and get ths person's eBay ID out there, but I do think they probably found this issue elsewhere, which sucks for me.

-slym

vibdarkestangel

Made an offer on a Bat 404 of mine, I had 2 offers one better than his. Accepted the other offer, told him I had a second copy (9.8) and would sell it to him for same price I just sold the last copy at. He requested scans and it to be listed with the new scan. He immediately purchased it but never paid.

vibdarkestangel

Made an offer on a Bat 404 of mine, I had 2 offers one better than his. Accepted the other offer, told him I had a second copy (9.8) and would sell it to him for same price I just sold the last copy at. He requested scans and it to be listed with the new scan. He immediately purchased it but never paid.

How long between actual purchase and now? Was he supposed to pay immediately?