Topic Options
#829846 - 12/21/05 06:38 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Loc: The Dirty South
Quote:

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay
It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

Woohoo! I just picked up the signed variant for $8 at a store while I was out Christmas shopping!!! I love that cover and back cover. I really wish we had some more new Miracleman stuff!!!!!

#829847 - 12/21/05 08:30 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
jonjesper Offline
WWJJD
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Future Headquarters of CGC
man, I hear ya...
sigh at least we still have (drum roll) MAN OF MIRACLES

Nice pick up! Gorgeous book isn't it? AND HEAVY!

#829848 - 12/23/05 02:25 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

man, I hear ya...
sigh at least we still have (drum roll) MAN OF MIRACLES

Nice pick up! Gorgeous book isn't it? AND HEAVY!

It is heavy! Its a pretty decent sketchbook too even without the Miracleman content.

#829849 - 12/23/05 10:26 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: EwanUK]
Kermit the frog Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Quote:

Kermit,
raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!
it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...
any pics from the interiors?!

regards

#829850 - 12/23/05 11:09 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: Kermit the frog]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

Quote:

Kermit,
raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!
it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...
any pics from the interiors?!

regards

If you have seen the variant MM/KM front back cover version, you've seen two of the MM pieces in it. There is another piece that is a tribute to one of the original MM artists, and there is also a page that has the pen and ink version of the U.S. MM #1 cover on it (I don't remember if this was a recreation or if it was the original). The coolest part though, IMHO, is the self portrait of Leach as a lego figure in a quasi-miracleman costume. Its a great surprise of a book.
While we're talking about recent MM publications, has every one here gotten/read a copy of Kimota: The Miracleman Companion? Its great - is not too expensive either ($10 - $20 on eBay). Some great interviews and sketches (and you can see one of the previously unpublished Totleben pieces I own - I had no idea the piece had been published, and then while flipping through the book on the can, I saw it - needless to say I was pretty excited). I've seen about 4 copies in my area in the past year, and I snatched them all up to give to friends/fellow miracleman fans. If anybody needs one, let me know and I'll PM you the next time I see one. Thanks!

#829851 - 12/29/05 01:40 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Hey guys,
I was bored tonight, so I made a Miracleman discussion group on Google. The url is http://groups.google.com/group/Miracleman . Sign up if you want - Thanks! - Keith

#829852 - 12/29/05 11:31 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay
It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

I got a second copy tonight!! Does anybody know where mention the print run of 500 for the variant came from? Thanks! - Keith

#829853 - 12/29/05 11:46 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
jonjesper Offline
WWJJD
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Future Headquarters of CGC
I just joined!
I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.
Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

#829854 - 12/30/05 12:43 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

I just joined!
I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.
Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

Thanks Jon!
I'm still checking on the Warrior #1's - the guy I know that has a bunch wasn't at the last show I went to. He should be at the Atlanta show on Feb 5 - I'll keep you updated. Thanks! - Keith

#829855 - 12/31/05 06:12 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
EwanUK Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: England
Guys
Pleased the A1 Sketchbook is getting some interest! I have emailed CBG with the record sale - but they haven't responded as yet...
However, Wizard have caught on - from their web-site recently:

"This week's books to get for fun and/or profit:
A1 Sketchbook (Atomeka) - It's a good bet that your local shop didn't order this, but it's worth seeking out for the Gary Leech Miracleman pages alone."

Check out...

Press release from CBR - shows thumbnails of all the pages too

You can see the article refers to a limited edition of 3,333 copies (and that's the Warpsmith cover above) - so where I'd get the 500 from?

From solicitation info in Previews - I remember there was a small feature on both the 3,333 and then a seperate feature box for the 500 version - clearly showing the front & rear cover and calling it "the man who says Kimota" (or something similar). Assume it was an edition of Previews from mid-2004?

I bought 3 copies of the 500 and 2 of the 3,333 directly from Atomeka based on this. All 3 of the 500s got CGC 9.8s so I was quite lucky.

Page 13 of 86 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Bryce Brown Numismatic Literature Mail Bid Sale closes March 5, 2016
by preturb
09:37 AM
FS: 1963-D Fraklin. Crazy toning. Added 1963 Cameo Proof Franklin.
by agentjim007
09:15 AM
WTB - 1936 Elgin Half Dollar in Artist Signed holder.
by saen78
11:15 PM
FSE: PMG Graded Small Sized FRN's - $1, $2 and $5 notes - wide variety of dates
by kbsig106
06:52 AM
Comics Marketplace
FS CLink - Prohias Spy vs Spy
by malvin
ff 7 cgc 7.0 ow/w f.s.
by Straw-Man
Complete Comic Lot (300+) - DFW
by delorean1981
FS: MARVEL PREMIERE #1 & #2 POWER OF WARLOCK SET
by Mystafo
11:22 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.029 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles