Topic Options
#829846 - 12/21/05 06:38 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Loc: The Dirty South
Quote:

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay
It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

Woohoo! I just picked up the signed variant for $8 at a store while I was out Christmas shopping!!! I love that cover and back cover. I really wish we had some more new Miracleman stuff!!!!!

#829847 - 12/21/05 08:30 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
jonjesper Offline
WWJJD
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Future Headquarters of CGC
man, I hear ya...
sigh at least we still have (drum roll) MAN OF MIRACLES

Nice pick up! Gorgeous book isn't it? AND HEAVY!

#829848 - 12/23/05 02:25 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

man, I hear ya...
sigh at least we still have (drum roll) MAN OF MIRACLES

Nice pick up! Gorgeous book isn't it? AND HEAVY!

It is heavy! Its a pretty decent sketchbook too even without the Miracleman content.

#829849 - 12/23/05 10:26 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: EwanUK]
Kermit the frog Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Quote:

Kermit,
raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!
it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...
any pics from the interiors?!

regards

#829850 - 12/23/05 11:09 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: Kermit the frog]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

Quote:

Kermit,
raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!
it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...
any pics from the interiors?!

regards

If you have seen the variant MM/KM front back cover version, you've seen two of the MM pieces in it. There is another piece that is a tribute to one of the original MM artists, and there is also a page that has the pen and ink version of the U.S. MM #1 cover on it (I don't remember if this was a recreation or if it was the original). The coolest part though, IMHO, is the self portrait of Leach as a lego figure in a quasi-miracleman costume. Its a great surprise of a book.
While we're talking about recent MM publications, has every one here gotten/read a copy of Kimota: The Miracleman Companion? Its great - is not too expensive either ($10 - $20 on eBay). Some great interviews and sketches (and you can see one of the previously unpublished Totleben pieces I own - I had no idea the piece had been published, and then while flipping through the book on the can, I saw it - needless to say I was pretty excited). I've seen about 4 copies in my area in the past year, and I snatched them all up to give to friends/fellow miracleman fans. If anybody needs one, let me know and I'll PM you the next time I see one. Thanks!

#829851 - 12/29/05 01:40 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Hey guys,
I was bored tonight, so I made a Miracleman discussion group on Google. The url is http://groups.google.com/group/Miracleman . Sign up if you want - Thanks! - Keith

#829852 - 12/29/05 11:31 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay
It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

I got a second copy tonight!! Does anybody know where mention the print run of 500 for the variant came from? Thanks! - Keith

#829853 - 12/29/05 11:46 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: pkveronese]
jonjesper Offline
WWJJD
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Future Headquarters of CGC
I just joined!
I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.
Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

#829854 - 12/30/05 12:43 AM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Quote:

I just joined!
I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.
Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

Thanks Jon!
I'm still checking on the Warrior #1's - the guy I know that has a bunch wasn't at the last show I went to. He should be at the Atlanta show on Feb 5 - I'll keep you updated. Thanks! - Keith

#829855 - 12/31/05 06:12 PM Re: Miracleman [Re: jonjesper]
EwanUK Offline
Talkative?

Loc: England
Guys
Pleased the A1 Sketchbook is getting some interest! I have emailed CBG with the record sale - but they haven't responded as yet...
However, Wizard have caught on - from their web-site recently:

"This week's books to get for fun and/or profit:
A1 Sketchbook (Atomeka) - It's a good bet that your local shop didn't order this, but it's worth seeking out for the Gary Leech Miracleman pages alone."

Check out...

Press release from CBR - shows thumbnails of all the pages too

You can see the article refers to a limited edition of 3,333 copies (and that's the Warpsmith cover above) - so where I'd get the 500 from?

From solicitation info in Previews - I remember there was a small feature on both the 3,333 and then a seperate feature box for the 500 version - clearly showing the front & rear cover and calling it "the man who says Kimota" (or something similar). Assume it was an edition of Previews from mid-2004?

I bought 3 copies of the 500 and 2 of the 3,333 directly from Atomeka based on this. All 3 of the 500s got CGC 9.8s so I was quite lucky.

Page 13 of 78 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, cgcmod, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
eBay: 1976 IKE Type 1 MS 65 plus some others NGCs
by Aslpride8
Variety Top-Pop- 1970-D Roosevelt Dime FS-801 DDR- NGC MS67FT
by Deerefan8420
11:37 PM
I"m having a fire sale........
by Raisethis2
10:13 PM
PF70UC COINS FOR SALE MAKE AN OFFER
by wmfielding
02:22 PM
Comics Marketplace
My eBay Item's this week
by Bocce
01:54 AM
Porta Trace Light Box
by Gatchaman
01:19 AM
Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 9.4
by Beige
12:02 AM
Everything - J Scott Campbell
by heymikesays
11:38 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles