• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay

It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

Woohoo! I just picked up the signed variant for $8 at a store while I was out Christmas shopping!!! I love that cover and back cover. I really wish we had some more new Miracleman stuff!!!!!

man, I hear ya...

sigh at least we still have (drum roll) MAN OF MIRACLES 27_laughing.gif

Nice pick up! Gorgeous book isn't it? AND HEAVY!

It is heavy! Its a pretty decent sketchbook too even without the Miracleman content.

Kermit,

raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!

it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...

any pics from the interiors?!

regards

Kermit,

raw you can get them for less than $10 on ebay - though it depends completely on how the seller markets them - try searching on "A1" (in comics) rather than "Miracleman" - there's some for sale now in the ebay stores

a signed one sold here

ebay

Additionally, Mile High still have some in stock last time I looked at cover price

buy now!

man i've got to have that comic...it looks gorgeous!!!

it would be a pretty nice adition to my full run...

any pics from the interiors?!

regards

If you have seen the variant MM/KM front back cover version, you've seen two of the MM pieces in it. There is another piece that is a tribute to one of the original MM artists, and there is also a page that has the pen and ink version of the U.S. MM #1 cover on it (I don't remember if this was a recreation or if it was the original). The coolest part though, IMHO, is the self portrait of Leach as a lego figure in a quasi-miracleman costume. Its a great surprise of a book.

While we're talking about recent MM publications, has every one here gotten/read a copy of Kimota: The Miracleman Companion? Its great - is not too expensive either ($10 - $20 on eBay). Some great interviews and sketches (and you can see one of the previously unpublished Totleben pieces I own smile.gif - I had no idea the piece had been published, and then while flipping through the book on the can, I saw it - needless to say I was pretty excited). I've seen about 4 copies in my area in the past year, and I snatched them all up to give to friends/fellow miracleman fans. If anybody needs one, let me know and I'll PM you the next time I see one. Thanks!

I have bought 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on ebay

It does have original MM content and a great Leach MM cover and KM back cover. I bought one from Mile High Signed NM by Leach for $4.50 last week (happy happy joy joy). It seems you can find signed copies by Leach much easier than the unsigned versions.

I got a second copy tonight!! Does anybody know where mention the print run of 500 for the variant came from? Thanks! - Keith

I just joined!

I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.

Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

I just joined!

I had heard 500 from your main man EwanUK and I believe him. It would be nice to know from the company, maybe someone can shoot them an e-mail about it.

Still looking for a nice nice nice copy of Warrior #1...someone help a brotha out!

Thanks Jon!

I'm still checking on the Warrior #1's - the guy I know that has a bunch wasn't at the last show I went to. He should be at the Atlanta show on Feb 5 - I'll keep you updated. Thanks! - Keith

Guys

Pleased the A1 Sketchbook is getting some interest! I have emailed CBG with the record sale - but they haven't responded as yet...

However, Wizard have caught on - from their web-site recently:

"This week's books to get for fun and/or profit:

A1 Sketchbook (Atomeka) - It's a good bet that your local shop didn't order this, but it's worth seeking out for the Gary Leech Miracleman pages alone."

Check out...

Press release from CBR - shows thumbnails of all the pages too

a1sketchbook.jpg

You can see the article refers to a limited edition of 3,333 copies (and that's the Warpsmith cover above) - so where I'd get the 500 from?

From solicitation info in Previews - I remember there was a small feature on both the 3,333 and then a seperate feature box for the 500 version - clearly showing the front & rear cover and calling it "the man who says Kimota" (or something similar). Assume it was an edition of Previews from mid-2004?

I bought 3 copies of the 500 and 2 of the 3,333 directly from Atomeka based on this. All 3 of the 500s got CGC 9.8s so I was quite lucky.

a8_1_b.JPG

Warrior - believe it or not there was a dealer selling huge stacks of Warrior (including no.1) for just 50p ($1) each at a recent mart (that's England's version of a mini-convention).

Warrior's a funny beast really - it should be prized a lot more - but copies are very common (well, at least in the UK) and you can still buy them direct from Dez Skinn - see any issue of Comics International - or the Quality Communications web-site.

However, what you certainly CANNOT GET is copies any better than VF!

I've never seen genuine high grade copies - i.e. 9.0 or better.

BTW

Have you all seen these before?

First Appearance: (mentioned) Marvel Super-Heroes (UK#387); (name seen on tombstone) MSH#388 (August, 1982);

(full) Daredevils (UK)#7 (July, 1983)

miracl2.gif

miracl1.gif

Try getting hold of these in high grade - even here!

The MSH 387 & 388 are especially scarce.

I have been in contact with Dez, he still has issues and I am debating on buying and having them shipped from the UK, esp when I hear the prices that you can still buy them for. Ewan, PM me if you can get any copies for me...

Sweet! Lots of MM posts today!

Ewan - Thanks for the info on the 500 number on the sketchbook. I may have that previews somewhere in my apartment (that is kind of helpful on one hand, and kinda sad on the other smile.gif). I'll look for it.

Did you guys see the Miracleman #25 pages in the Kimota: Miracleman Companion book? They showed the first 5 or 6 pages.

Woohoo! I'm posting on New Year' Eve smile.gif!

BTW

Have you all seen these before?

First Appearance: (mentioned) Marvel Super-Heroes (UK#387); (name seen on tombstone) MSH#388 (August, 1982);

(full) Daredevils (UK)#7 (July, 1983)

miracl2.gif

miracl1.gif

Try getting hold of these in high grade - even here!

The MSH 387 & 388 are especially scarce.

By the way - I've got an extra copy or two of X-Men: Captain Britain Archives #2 - it has a reprint of Miracleman's appearance and death in Daredevils #7.

The MSH 387 and 388, as well as the Daredevils 7, are impossible to find. I've been looking for years - I've found a Daredevils 7, but not the other two.

I've been looking for those3 for a while as well - they seem next to impossible to find. Has anyone in the UK had any better luck or are they tough to find over there as well?