• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

Sold a rat queens #1 cgc 9.8 for $170 shipped to whattravissells

Said it never arrived.

Tracking shows it arrived. Somehow ebay sided in his favour and gave him the money back - working on getting the cash or money back as I have confirmed delivery tracking.

He is also selling other Rat Queens #1 cgc 9.8 ss - I wonder how he got those hm

Did your package to him have signature confirmation?

Its under $200.. so no.

And Kav - its SS. Buy GPA before questioning slab prices. (thumbs u

Even though I don't charge the extra $2.35 for Signature Confirmation directly, anytime I sell a slab on eBay and it's at least $40-$50 I add the signature confirmation if I have room in the flat $9.95 I charge to ship one slab in the USA. I especially add it if the package is going to an apartment address.

Shark - those are all good points.

I honestly didn't think ebay would give him the refund and I have to phone them and figure it out, but him opening a case and claiming it didn't arrive when it clearly arrived is why I wanted to mention his name. :(

Shark - those are all good points.

I honestly didn't think ebay would give him the refund and I have to phone them and figure it out, but him opening a case and claiming it didn't arrive when it clearly arrived is why I wanted to mention his name. :(

Yeah. I've had 3 buyers who claimed they didn't receive an item when tracking clearly showed all 3 delivered. Two of them ended up locating the item (one was in a wrong mailbox) and the 3rd claimed he never received the item. He got the refund too and left me negative feedback in the process. :mad:

I do a lot of buying off of eBay. My question is is there a thread that lets other boardies know who sells there from here and their respective eBay handles. If it came down to two books and both were close in all respects I would like to throw my support behind folks here.

If you are concerned about me being a deadbeat buyer just check out my name zevgoli on eBay. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Howard

CGC Members eBAy items for sale

(thumbs u

Definitely block this -wipe: mitch_davi

Guy listed an Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #321 (5th Cheryl Blossom) with a pic of a CGC 5.5. But in the description he stated "On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a 4". So which is it? A 5.5 or a 4? So I sent him this message:

"Dear mitch_davi,

So are you selling a CGC 5.5 copy of this comic or are you deceiving people by using this picture and giving them a raw ungraded comic? Since you rate it as a 4 instead of the 5.5."

His reponse?

"Dear mikesmarvels1957,

As i was unable to get a picture of this comic i used one that was on line. I should not have used that pic with the 5.5 rating. However if anyone including yourself would have taken the time to read :

"Considering the vintage the comic book is in reasonable condition. There is mild crayon marks covering the title but no parts missing. On a scale of 0-10 i would rate it a 4 out of 10" then you or anyone with reading capabilities would have understood. Thank you for your unsolicited attention." :facepalm:

Uhh, how would I have known what to write to the guy if I DIDN'T read it? :makepoint:

At this point I'm pissed. So I answer him back thusly:

"Dear mitch_davi,

You don't have to be such a about it. At the very minimum, you should have used a picture of another raw ungraded comic instead of a CGC graded comic. And learn how to use a scanner...they're cheap and I'm sure that someone with your reading capability could understand how to use one. Thank you for being such an honest seller on eBay. By the way, you're being reported for a false misleading listing.

Love,

Mike"

Within 5 minutes of reading my last message, he ended that listing and replaced it with a pic of a raw ungraded #321. Of course, it's still not the book you'll be receiving. :/

He's a newbie with 6 feedback. I've already blocked him because I'm sure if he's that dishonest as a seller he will probably be so as a buyer as well.

did he block you?

Not sure if this is dishonest on purpose or just a sloppy non-caring seller. There are tons of them on there. It amazes me they sell anything at all with their crapppy descriptions, lack of pictures, and goofy attitudes.

It is really a mine field sometimes and you have to almost triple check an ad to make sure they haven't snuck some detail into the ad that passes off the true condition. THe thing that sucks most about these people is they give hard working and attentive sellers a bad name just by association.

just checked out his other listing --

clearly he never uses his own pictures for anything as he has another comment about "crayon on the title" in the Hulk 234 he is selling for 10 with 10 shipping cost-- who the hell would buy this garbage? Note that the picture has a mycomicshop.com watermark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/the-incredible-hulk-234-/151536882122?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item23484d51ca#viTabs_0

Edited by 01TheDude

From his listing:

6 out of 10 Title: Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica

Main Character: betty Issue: 234

hm

what are we looking at there RMA?

Here's the title: "Predator Comic #1 & #2 CGC 9.8 Dark Horse 1989 White Pages ~ 1st App of Predator "

Here's the description:

"These have not been graded by CGC and I am NOT a grader. However, they appear to be in near mint to mint condition. I can't find a flaw on or in either comic anywhere. My best estimate is that these are a 9.8 on the CGC grading scale. "

:eyeroll:

I'm going to put in all of my listings: "Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 + Batman Adventures #12 CGC 9.8"

And then put in the description:

"This listing is not for either of those books....I just think the actual book for sale would look neat sitting next to those two on a shelf."

It's the same thing, after all....

hm

darinaa1986 (6) feedback

Non-paying bidder on $50 worth of comics.

Messaged me through eBay the day after they won asking when I would ship,

I replied as soon as they paid.

Never heard from them again.

darinaa1986 (6) feedback

Non-paying bidder on $50 worth of comics.

Messaged me through eBay the day after they won asking when I would ship,

I replied as soon as they paid.

Never heard from them again.

You have to PAY? :o

What the hell kinda deal is THAT?