• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,584 posts in this topic

Two buyers failed to pay for items they won from me.

Send invoices several times, and a couple of messages.

Komic-Kazi never responded to any message, opened an unpaid item claim and never responded. I think he is a board member, but I am not sure

edtigger99 answered my payment request saying he was sick but he would pay soon. Never paid and communication stopped. I don't know if he is a member here.

Invalid user i.d. on Komic-Kazi. The spelling, capitalization (or lack thereof) and punctuation need to be exactly as they appear on eBay in order for them to be added to the blocked list.

Ebay/PP sided with me. She gets to keep the merchandise and have her money back from her credit card company but PP gave me back the money she paid.

Here's her ID in case you want to block: aandstreasurehunters

So...is there any reason someone who bought something on ebay wouldn't use the buyer resolution process instead of just opening a chargeback through paypal?

Backstory:

Buyer in Vegas who shall remain nameless for the time being bought something from me a few days before Thanksgiving. I have a three day payment policy clearly stated in my listings*. Buyer contacted me a day or two after turkey day saying they would pay early the next week. I politely responded that they should pay so that I could ship the items (my thinking is that the time you took to write me the message would have been better used, ah, paying me but whatever).

Opened a case on Tuesday or Wednesday after. They paid a couple of days later. Items shipped safely within 24 hours with tracking and delivered in reasonable amount of time. Just found chargeback request in my spam that it was unauthorized. Yeah, right.

I've responded with tracking and note about payback for opening a case. Waiting to hear from paypal.

*though I don't put it in my listings, I'm generally happy to extend period for payday, out of town, etc. if it's a reasonable time period and if you contact me BEFORE purchase made.

Two buyers failed to pay for items they won from me.

Send invoices several times, and a couple of messages.

Komic-Kazi never responded to any message, opened an unpaid item claim and never responded. I think he is a board member, but I am not sure

edtigger99 answered my payment request saying he was sick but he would pay soon. Never paid and communication stopped. I don't know if he is a member here.

Invalid user i.d. on Komic-Kazi. The spelling, capitalization (or lack thereof) and punctuation need to be exactly as they appear on eBay in order for them to be added to the blocked list.

if you use the FIND MEMBER feature, you can type in the name and it ignores case. It will then go to the right person or list possible members that fit your search. Block member does not have that capability and has to have exact case correctly typed in.

Here is the correct case for this person:

Member id komic-kazi

FYI -- find member link is http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

I have another Winner

spider_web_comics

won an auction and then wanted to cancel after it ends an hour later.

Also gave me lowball offers and tries to convince you that your overpriced (going on for 2 months)

If I was overpriced, how come he couldn't find someone else to buy it from.

Now this buyer got the price he wanted from me and doesn't want it.

I don't know if I can stress this loser enough

Today he created another account spiderwebcomics without the underscores

Seriously

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Here's another -wipe to block. This one's from the UK. Talk about lame excuses...

Dear mikesmarvels1957,

Hi thank you for excepting my offer. I'm really sorry to muck you around but my paypal account isn't working. It's asking me to verify my account on the phone number I provided but I'm away from home and will be for some time. I'm really sorry I can't pay for this item. That was never my intention when I made the bid. I hope you can relist it and get your asking price.

Apologies again

Riley

- rileyjones88

And this was a $50 book.

I kindof liked Ebay more when you could leave bad feedback that would stick like glue and not be able to skirt the repercussions of being a douchenozzle.

It's become like the Wild West all over again.

The whole reason feedback was developed seems to be negated.

I kindof liked Ebay more when you could leave bad feedback that would stick like glue and not be able to skirt the repercussions of being a douchenozzle. It's become like the Wild West all over again. The whole reason feedback was developed seems to be negated.

Disagree. eBay removes feedback only in some situations, and they don't let a person remove negs over and over again. There are legitimate reasons to remove a negative feedback, such as if the person leaving the neg did so in bad faith, without attempting to resolve the problem in any other way, or to screw with somebody they just don't like.

This actually happened to me recently. A buyer on one of my sales didn't pay for nearly 3 weeks. I attempted to communicate with him a few times and he did not respond in any way. I don't understand why people do that: Buy without paying and without communication for days on end. I can understand a few days, but a couple weeks? What's up with that?

Finally, I clicked on eBay's "non-paying bidder" report button. This gives the buyer about 4 days to pay, after which I guess eBay dings the buyer's account and eventually suspends them (after a few more instances, I assume). I had written to the buyer that it was nothing personal, just my policy with non-paying bidders. He didn't respond, and didn't pay until the last few hours of the last day. I mailed the item within 1-2 business days after he paid.

A few days later, I glance at my feedback and see he has left a negative. In the negative, he wrote that the comic had flaws that I know for a fact it did not have. Either way, the negative feedback does not make sense: Why neg? Why not complain directly to me? If the buyer was unhappy with the comic, why not just return it for a refund? I never had the chance to try to rectify any problem. The buyer says the comic had flaws, but doesn't want a refund? That doesn't add up. To me, it is obvious that the buyer was purposely leaving a negative feedback as retaliation for me filing a non-paying bidder claim. Which is completely against the spirit of the eBay feedback system.

Worse, there are real financial repercussions to an unwarranted negative feedback. If you get Top Rated Seller status then you get 20% off of your Final Value Fees. In volume, that adds up to a lot of money. So if somebody is leaving a negative feedback for no reason, and without any attempt to resolve an issue, then they're potentially pulling money out of your pocket.

eBay is right to allow occasional removal of negative feedbacks. Especially when the person getting the negative feedback doesn't deserve it at all, and is the type of seller who goes out of his way to make sure he is upfront, honest, fair and attentive in his eBay transactions.

I kindof liked Ebay more when you could leave bad feedback that would stick like glue and not be able to skirt the repercussions of being a douchenozzle. It's become like the Wild West all over again. The whole reason feedback was developed seems to be negated.

Worse, there are real financial repercussions to an unwarranted negative feedback. If you get Top Rated Seller status then you get 20% off of your Final Value Fees. In volume, that adds up to a lot of money. So if somebody is leaving a negative feedback for no reason, and without any attempt to resolve an issue, then they're potentially pulling money out of your pocket.

eBay is right to allow occasional removal of negative feedbacks. Especially when the person getting the negative feedback doesn't deserve it at all, and is the type of seller who goes out of his way to make sure he is upfront, honest, fair and attentive in his eBay transactions.

I have, unfortunately, become the poster child for this. I've always taken pride in being a Top Rated Seller on eBay and earning that 20% discount on Final Value Fees. But I've lost that 20% discount the past 2 months and the unwarranted Open Cases Item Not Received and Open Cases Item Description have burned me more than the negative feedback/low item ratings have. Sure, you're going to get low numbers on item description once in a while and I can live with that. But that's not the big problem here.

What has been the big problem for me in the past 2 months are buyers who either jump the gun or just simply make a mistake in their eBay communications.

I had one guy from Texas file 2 Item Not Received cases on 2 comics (1 shipment) not 2 hours after USPS tracking showed the item as "delivered". Why? He hadn't received the items himself. So what happens? A day later he finds the comics were placed in the wrong mailbox. :facepalm: Of course, who gets burned in this whole process? Me! The one who did nothing wrong. :pullhair:

Then 2-3 weeks before that a d-bag from the UK does the same thing after showing his Walking Dead #27 had been delivered. Of course he wants me to do all of the legwork for him and find where the package is. I kindly tell him that the USPS can't help once it leaves the states and I tell him to check with his local post office and mailman to find out where he left the package. He acted like I was asking him to walk over hot coals over something! Anyway, he found the package 2-3 days later but never did explain to me where it had been. Another strike against me when I did nothing wrong. :frustrated:

A 3rd case was about a week before that when I shipped a Marvel Legends figure to a guy in Canada. After about 3 weeks, he files a case for "Item Not Received". This one I can understand because it should have been there by now. We work together amicably and the guy goes ahead and closes the case even before he receives the item. But it still shows up on my Transaction Defect Report on eBay. The figure finally showed up about 5 weeks after I shipped it. Customs must have held the package for at least 4 weeks! On a $17 item! Who gets burned for it? ME of course! :mad:

I also had a couple of guys open cases early in 2014 for item description (item not as described). But in both cases the buyer clearly stated that the package had been bent by the postal service in transit. Had I known I could have had these immediately removed from my Transaction Defect Report I would have done so. But I never worried about it because I always stayed below the 2% defect threshold that eBay has instituted to remain a Top Rated Seller. When I finally did call eBay about having these removed, I was told you have to have them removed within 120 days (4 months). Of course you do. :eyeroll:

So don't hesitate to refute stuff that shows up on your Transaction Defect Report you know wasn't your fault. If you don't, it will end up costing you money like it did with me. And for me, that 20% discount usually amounts to $30-$40 each month. Nothing to sneeze at. And even though my overall defect rate is just slightly above the 2% threshold (like 2.25%), I might not get that 20% discount for another 2-3 months until some of this non-warranted krap drops off. :mad:

I have, unfortunately, become the poster child for this. I've always taken pride in being a Top Rated Seller on eBay and earning that 20% discount on Final Value Fees. But I've lost that 20% discount the past 2 months and the unwarranted Open Cases Item Not Received and Open Cases Item Description have burned me more than the negative feedback/low item ratings have. Sure, you're going to get low numbers on item description once in a while and I can live with that. But that's not the big problem here.

What has been the big problem for me in the past 2 months are buyers who either jump the gun or just simply make a mistake in their eBay communications.

I had one guy from Texas file 2 Item Not Received cases on 2 comics (1 shipment) not 2 hours after USPS tracking showed the item as "delivered". Why? He hadn't received the items himself. So what happens? A day later he finds the comics were placed in the wrong mailbox. :facepalm: Of course, who gets burned in this whole process? Me! The one who did nothing wrong. :pullhair:

Then 2-3 weeks before that a d-bag from the UK does the same thing after showing his Walking Dead #27 had been delivered. Of course he wants me to do all of the legwork for him and find where the package is. I kindly tell him that the USPS can't help once it leaves the states and I tell him to check with his local post office and mailman to find out where he left the package. He acted like I was asking him to walk over hot coals over something! Anyway, he found the package 2-3 days later but never did explain to me where it had been. Another strike against me when I did nothing wrong. :frustrated:

A 3rd case was about a week before that when I shipped a Marvel Legends figure to a guy in Canada. After about 3 weeks, he files a case for "Item Not Received". This one I can understand because it should have been there by now. We work together amicably and the guy goes ahead and closes the case even before he receives the item. But it still shows up on my Transaction Defect Report on eBay. The figure finally showed up about 5 weeks after I shipped it. Customs must have held the package for at least 4 weeks! On a $17 item! Who gets burned for it? ME of course! :mad:

I also had a couple of guys open cases early in 2014 for item description (item not as described). But in both cases the buyer clearly stated that the package had been bent by the postal service in transit. Had I known I could have had these immediately removed from my Transaction Defect Report I would have done so. But I never worried about it because I always stayed below the 2% defect threshold that eBay has instituted to remain a Top Rated Seller. When I finally did call eBay about having these removed, I was told you have to have them removed within 120 days (4 months). Of course you do. :eyeroll:

So don't hesitate to refute stuff that shows up on your Transaction Defect Report you know wasn't your fault. If you don't, it will end up costing you money like it did with me. And for me, that 20% discount usually amounts to $30-$40 each month. Nothing to sneeze at. And even though my overall defect rate is just slightly above the 2% threshold (like 2.25%), I might not get that 20% discount for another 2-3 months until some of this non-warranted krap drops off. :mad:

This pretty much mirrors my experience. I lost my TRS discount in August, when they switched to the new system.

Why?

Because one guy bought a book on Jan 20 (MLK day), received it on the 25th, and gave me a 1 or 2 ship time DSR.

Because one guy bought a mid-grade ASM #121 from me, didn't like that it has a 1/2" tear at the top of the spine (it was, after all. midgrade), and left a "3" for item as described, which is now considered "low" to eBay, and counts as a defect.

Because one person...a board member here, no less...left a neutral feedback after buying a Crow #1 from me in rough shape, without looking at the picture (there was no description), or asking anything about condition (which the picture clearly showed was beat), and without bothering to contact me first, even though I have a no questions asked return policy.

Because one person bought something from me while I was traveling to the Image Expo, and wasn't at home to ship it to him....6 whole days after he bought it, and, of course, without bothering to contact me.

Because one guy bought a JIM #114 from me, described as "white pages" from a collection from which other copies have gotten OW/W or White designations, and, instead of contacting me directly, filed an "item not as described case"...which counts as a defect...and eBay's system funnels buyers into doing this. He then left a negative, because I "flipped out" and dared ask him why he had to file a case against me instead of approaching me first. He said the pages were more "beige" than white, and that was worth opening a "not as described" case. Try explaining THAT to someone at eBay!

And arguing with incompetent workers in the Philippines, whose accents I can barely understand at times (and I'm not ignorant of the trouble with accents), is usually a complete waste of time.

It's pretty crummy, with no viable alternative.

Sold a rat queens #1 cgc 9.8 for $170 shipped to whattravissells

Said it never arrived.

Tracking shows it arrived. Somehow ebay sided in his favour and gave him the money back - working on getting the cash or money back as I have confirmed delivery tracking.

He is also selling other Rat Queens #1 cgc 9.8 ss - I wonder how he got those hm

Said it never arrived.

Tracking shows it arrived. Somehow ebay sided in his favour and gave him the money back - working on getting the cash or money back as I have confirmed delivery tracking.

He is also selling other Rat Queens #1 cgc 9.8 ss - I wonder how he got those hm

Did your package to him have signature confirmation?

Said it never arrived.

Did your package to him have signature confirmation?

Its under $200.. so no.

And Kav - its SS. Buy GPA before questioning slab prices. (thumbs u

I do a lot of buying off of eBay. My question is is there a thread that lets other boardies know who sells there from here and their respective eBay handles. If it came down to two books and both were close in all respects I would like to throw my support behind folks here.

If you are concerned about me being a deadbeat buyer just check out my name zevgoli on eBay. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Howard