• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

Sweet bud!! :applause:

Do you guys ever feel like there are only a handful of us left that still love this book! :grin:

I don't know why it's not more popular. It's a well written story with interesting characters and terrific art! (shrug)

The last issue was great. Major reveal about the mushface guy and his daughter. Between that guy and Lester Majak, s^%t is about to hit the fan. Solid book that has been consistent. It's more of a soap opera though so not everyone's cup of tea.

I actually feel behind a few issues and only this week started reading from scratch... It's a much better read the 3rd or 4th time around :whee:

Just read #25.

Good issue. Norton seemed to intentionally make the writing on Tao's shirt pretty clear. I used a couple of translation sites:

"You want to catch combat" hm I'm guessing it's "You want to fight?" (shrug)

So the burned face guy is a Native American. Who is the other guy that with the mask and glasses? hm

Blaine is back! :banana:

Some good merchandise for sale at the back! I like the skull hat! :headbang:

No idea. The cover to #25's variant is awesome though!

And just read #26 last night. Good issue. Blaine is :D . I'm glad he's back in the story!

Blaine :cloud9:

I need to grab Revival HC #2 at some point and re-read everything. I love this story but at a monthly pace much is lost..especially being 25 issues deep.

Unfortunately half the books I read are like this :( I pretty much hung up Black Science and Morning Glories because I knew the story was going to be epic and I will wait for a HC or large TPB.

So I haven't read a monthly since probably October. They've just been piling up.

Anyways, I went to read Revival today (#24) and just couldn't get threw it.

I realized its time for me to drop this book :(

I'm dropping quite a few others also. Taking a step back for a few months makes you really realize which books you actually LIKE and miss and which one you are reading just for the sake of reading. East of West and a few others are getting the boot too.

I dropped East of West a few months back. But I'm sticking with Revival for the long run. :)

I just love the characters and small town feel. I knew what it was from the start - "A Rural Noir". I'm still enjoying it and I'm glad they're not rushing it. If they rushed through with the big reveal, what would be left to build up. It's a good change of pace with focus on character development and relationships rather than action.

:cloud9: Jenny's covers and the slow reveal.

I told myself (and likely the boards): I will be upset if they introduce Revived animals.

And they did. I am going to break my promise to myself. I enjoy this book too much. The cliff hanger to issue #27 has me hooked.

Still buying it monthly though the last 4 issues are untouched in my reading pile. Just lost interest in it

I'm still enjoying it, and there was some real story progression (finally - they've been dragging a bit in my opinion) in the last few issues. No major reveals, more questions, but I think something large is nearing.

I still have a stack of these left in my reading pile, and ended up dropping it.

If I don't read a book for several months, that means I don't need to be buying it anymore.

I rarely read my books in the same month. There are a few exceptions, but mostly, I save up 2-3 issues and read them all in a go. Most books seem to work better for me in this way, especially books like Revival which are definitely a slow burn.

I think the last few issues had significant reveals.

With the print run in a steady decline from ~17,000 issues (#6) to ~8,000 (currently) I fear that Tim Seeley is expediting the story some.

Yellow figure in NYC says how will next generation thrive if old generation doesn't die? [makes me think it's soul/life/being related].

After Lester captures a yellow figure, Em immediately [?] becomes pregnant.

And the last few pages of #27. :o

Not many books make me deeply regret having my pull list shipping on an infrequent basis. Revival continues to be one of them.

To many moderns with no 'Beginning, Middle and End'

Shame, as Revival started well.

Wonder what the guy who paid $10,000 for a Revival #1 10.0 is thinking about now?

Nothing positive, I'd imagine.

I still love Revival. :banana: Love the art, characters, dialogue, plot, small town feel and general mystery of the whole thing.

I get the feeling that if there was a TV announcement and a higher price tag attached to #1, more people would be saying what a great book it is.

I can understand why speculators hate it, but don't get why people who enjoyed reading it at one point suddenly don't like it anymore. (shrug)

I still love Revival. :banana: Love the art, characters, dialogue, plot, small town feel and general mystery of the whole thing.

I get the feeling that if there was a TV announcement and a higher price tag attached to #1, more people would be saying what a great book it is.

I can understand why speculators hate it, but don't get why people who enjoyed reading it at one point suddenly don't like it anymore. (shrug)

+1

This book is faaaar better than that show on TV also.

I personally am still really digging this book and I cant say that about dozens of other titles that aren't even in the teens let alone 20s