• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

I have been converting my collection over to the complete DVD series recently. Rewatching JL Adventures/ Unlimited and Superman Adventures and they are so good. For me, I say get everything but try for the complete sets. Best buy had them on sale recently for a steal. Be careful about the Batman Animated series complete set as many of those are counterfeit. Same may be true for Batman Beyond.

I highly recommend Teen Titans. It is done with a Japanese animated flair to it but it is so well done and fun. The story line loosely follows Wolfman's 80s comics.

My favorite is Batman Brave and the Bold. It feels like you are reading a comic and there is such fun to be had in every episode.

The Batman series I actually enjoyed this show but it doesn't really pick up until the last season which they do a pair up brave and bold style type episodes. The characters are revisions and aren't to everyone's liking.

I did like Young Justice and the show lost me with the last season. Still extremely worthy of owning but wish they took more of a linear approach.

Must see: Batman Mask of the Phatasm - This could very well mark his Year One in the DCAU

For standalone movies, DC is big on adaptations right now and it isn't to my liking either. I probably should just put the ones I didn't like so much:

Going on this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies

JL War - It is based on rebooted DC characters and I hate, hate Superman and Wonder Woman's characterization.

Batman Year One - Unlike Dark Knight Returns which I loved, this fell completely flat for me. I adore the storyline so much too so it is strange.

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam - This was very short and I don't recall much about it other than it's shortness.

I haven't watched Batman: Assault on Arkham or most of the Superman ones.

Everything else, I enjoyed very much. So for the most part

JL War - It is based on rebooted DC characters and I hate, hate Superman and Wonder Woman's characterization.

OMG, I thought Superman got really creepy whenever he was around Wonder Woman and Shazam was really annoying. Green Lantern, Batman and the Flash were the only good things in that fiasco.

I thought JLA: Trapped in Time was really ho-hum too.

Batman: Assualt on Arkham, isn't really a Batman movie, it's more Suicide Squad. I will agree it isn't appropriate for kids. It does have a sex scene with Dead Shot and Harley, it is also violent. I really like it but, I wouldn't show it to an 8 year old that's for sure.

I heard it's not only pretty gory, but possibly a rape/sex scene?

:eek:

-slym

Harley gets a little nasty.

I would def say not for the kids.

Nothing like rape, though. That would have been all over the news

Edited by vikingreed

Batman: Assualt on Arkham, isn't really a Batman movie, it's more Suicide Squad. I will agree it isn't appropriate for kids. It does have a sex scene with Dead Shot and Harley, it is also violent. I really like it but, I wouldn't show it to an 8 year old that's for sure.

:o

I heard it's not only pretty gory, but possibly a rape/sex scene?

:eek:

Harley gets a little nasty.

I would def say not for the kids.

Nothing like rape, though. That would have been all over the news

Thanks for the clarification - I got the info 2nd-handed, and couldn't remember if they said just sex/sexy, or the other.

(thumbs u

-slym

I haven't watched all the original DC animated movies yet, but these were my top ten I saw so far.

1. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

2. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

3. All-Star Superman

4. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

5. Superman Unbound

6. Wonder Woman

7. Son of Batman

8. Superman: Doomsday

9. Green Lantern: First Flight

10. Green Lantern: Emerald Nights

Honorable Mention: The Lego Movie.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

this was good!

Watched it for the first time last night. Would definitely bump it up to number #4, now that I think about it. Wasn't expecting a lot after watching Justice League: War, but this one opened really strong and held it's momentum until the very end.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

this was good!

Watched it for the first time last night. Would definitely bump it up to number #4, now that I think about it. Wasn't expecting a lot after watching Justice League: War, but this one opened really strong and held it's momentum until the very end.

JL: WAR was alright... didn't like the dialogue