• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best comic shop in Montreal?

29 posts in this topic

I'm in Montreal for a couple of days and wanted to visit a comic shop or two.

Which ones should I check out? Which ones should I avoid? I'm near the 4th Wall and Cosmix, but can drive to any of them.

Merci beaucoup!

I went to 4th wall. It's no longer a comic shop.

I went to Cosmix. Looks okay for new books and statues. Their trades that were on sale were books that would be hard to sell for a buck a piece. 2c

Couldn't find this Green Ham and Eggs store. Google couldn't even help me. (shrug)

I know enough to avoid Gerry Ross and Barry Allen, for that matter. (thumbs u

I will check out Komico tomorrow. :grin:

I've been to Carsleys before. The owner, Mike, is a friend of mine and a fellow coinee.

They didn't really have the stock that I would love to see from the ideal comic shop, though. Perhaps their stock is better now. hm

Naked breakfast is still worth it though

I went to a place like that once. The waitress looked like a lap dop with acne. If they're any kind of hot, they're strippers by night, and still loaded in the morning, not serving breakfast. Like I said, save it for books.

Sadly, you won't find much at Komico at the moment.

1,000,000 Comix on Pierce and Comic Hunter on Papineau are decent places to look for back issues.

Librairie Millenium on Marie-Anne E is my favorite shop. It's a small place with a great staff. The guys who work there are really helpful and they can give you some excellent recommendations.