• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Just… Wow!

Thank you – must have been tough for Jim to let that one go, considered it’s one of his favorite issues.

it was very generous of him to put me in it. my hope is the $ went straight into atlas books to help assuage his separation anxiety.

I was referring to the type of mis-wrap. That is where the triangular area of white ;the back cover; shows along the binding. It has to do with overall eye appeal, and some collectors down grade a book not only for a mis-wrap but for the type of mis-wrap as well.

Black ink shows every little flaw.

I think it is cool to have a book that age in that high of a condition. Thank you for the compliment.

It’s a pretty book (and a great issue), the miswrap is not bad (and I usually hate them). (thumbs u

Do you mean there is a sort of "grading system" or language to describe the types of miswrap? I did not know it… hm If so, where can you find it?

Here’s a copy I have of FF #67, which kind of miswrap would this be?

2Laptv7h.jpg

It’s a pretty book (and a great issue), the miswrap is not bad (and I usually hate them). (thumbs u

Do you mean there is a sort of "grading system" or language to describe the types of miswrap? I did not know it… hm If so, where can you find it?

Here’s a copy I have of FF #67, which kind of miswrap would this be?

2Laptv7h.jpg

Yes, to some small extent there is a terminology, although it is not something you will ever see denoted on a CGC label. The terminology I was trying to use to describe my book is located in the glossary section of any of the Overstreet grading guides. One of the copies I have which is a used first(?) edition I found for only a dollar or two.

It appears you have a similar mis-wrap...So assuming your cover is cut squarely, an angled or triangular mis-wrap would be a type B like mine. If the mis-wrap itself is squarely mis-wrapped it is a type A.

Your book would be a Type 1A mis-wrap in that case.

Although it looks it from my photos the white area on my FF grows toward the top of the cover.

I hope I was not being obscure. Perhaps any further discussion of this matter however might be best left for the PGM section. Nice talking to you.

It's been quite a while since I have posted and I'm not actively buying much these days, but here are a couple of books that I've had for a while, but never scanned. I do love these early FFs.

FF16_zps411ab982.jpg

FF21_zpsdf5906fc.jpg

..... perfectly centered 21's are not easy..... and FF 16 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's been quite a while since I have posted and I'm not actively buying much these days, but here are a couple of books that I've had for a while, but never scanned. I do love these early FFs.

FF16_zps411ab982.jpg

FF21_zpsdf5906fc.jpg

That #21...WOW just WOW!