• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 Club
2 2

487 posts in this topic

So deal is done with Bunky Brian and just paid him today. Don't have the book yet but a little excited to own a complete blue label copy of this book.

Here it is folks:

I regret not buying this copy from Metro last year.

the bunkys bought this book off the boards more than a year ago (shrug)

It was offered to me in early 2013 by metro. It may have been earlier though. Maybe Bunky posted it on comicconnect?

I was hoping the pricing would be a little lower for my buying sake. Do you think I may be able to get a 1.0 for 40k or a 2.0 for 85-90k?

You could give it a whirl in the upcoming comiclink auction

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2015feb%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DSuperman%26x%3D%2D121%26y%3D%2D271%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1041602&id=1041602

Rick

Anyone have a fairly educated guess as to how much an unrestored Supe 1 missing the back cover would go for?

Would that be a .5 or a 1.0?

I had a copy in vg missing back cover i got 800.00 for it. (thumbs u That was in 1982 if it makes a Diff?

I never ever thought I'd be a member of this club.

I have a very modest collecting income, so being able to join an elite club like this is pretty exciting for me.

I've had a coverless Supe 1 for about 7 years now and basically never thought I'd be able to add a cover.

You may have seen the cover on ebay a few weeks ago. I decided to make (what I consider) a low ball offer, and he went for it.

The cover actually is quite nice. It's slightly faded in the reds. It has a few minor tears. The inside of the cover has a couple glue marks but it is not glue that is sealing anything, I think it is glue from where the cover was mounted on a backing board (in a frame, which is where this was) or in a scrapbook at one time.

Maybe one of you guys can tell me how CGC handles glue that is not sealing a tear.

The cover does not appear to be trimmed except on the spine. Again, would one of you guys tell me how CGC handles a spine cut. To me that shouldn't be be a plod like a top or side trim. I would imagine the original owner either cut off the back cover to pin up on the wall, or the front cover to pin up on the wall.

To me, I couldn't have asked for a nicer looking .5

get-attachment_zpsiz9zvqr4.jpg

get-attachment-1_zpsqwitqwzy.jpg

get-attachment-2_zpshbh9rifh.jpg

I saw that on ebay think it was 12gs. I have a Marvel 1 missing covers and last page wish i could find 1 like you did great job.

Dont worry you could sell it better and for more the way it is love it.

In the last year I have found a CF for my Cap 1 (to complete it), and have now found a front cover to my Supe 1. Life is good!

Now I just need to find a CF for my AS8

And obviously if I can find a back cover to my Supe 1... I may actually poop in my pants.

Edited by gadzukes