• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Getting associated with a product is a double edged sword. Yes, you will command full knowledge of the product youre investing in and no, you will be clueless when new trends are setting, especially if its different than the ones you are accustomed to.

Spider-Gwen's popularity has nothing to do with Gwen Stacey, or spider-mans history.

Say wha---? (shrug)

With all due respect to your opinion and your obvious enthusiasm for the character (and not to mix my metaphors, or anything here) but I find this statement to be downright batty. :baiting:lol

-J.

That's ok, I dont expect ya to see what I see in this title :foryou:

But I can definitely assure you that what drove me to invest in it is NOT enthusiasm for the character :roflmao:

Getting associated with a product is a double edged sword. Yes, you will command full knowledge of the product youre investing in and no, you will be clueless when new trends are setting, especially if its different than the ones you are accustomed to.

Spider-Gwen's popularity has nothing to do with Gwen Stacey, or spider-mans history. Its just a character that blew up and resonated with fans of that genre. I now officially dub it the Slippers effect

Yes I actually see alot of similarities with Deadpool's appearance. Marvel didnt even mention Deadpool on their newsletter, it almost seemed as if they went out of their way to alienate the introduction of this new character in NM98.

And I dont really blame them, Deadpool was a total Deathstroke hack, admittedly, Liefeld created him as a Deathstroke spoof. That's also the magic behind Spider-Gwen. I'll bet the creators of Spider-Gwen never anticipated this, had they did it wouldnt be an alternate universe story and probably would be hyped up the yin yan.

This is a classic, classic example of a key book/character. Will it slow down, sure, which stock doesnt have its ups and downs, will it die? absolutely positively not

+1