• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

GOTHAM: Synopsis And Title For January's Return Episode Revealed

---------------------

DET. GORDON REPORTS TO DUTY AT ARKHAM ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, JANUARY 5, ON FOX

Det. Gordon’s assignment at Arkham Asylum gets off to a rocky start when the murder of a guard ignites an investigation, leading him to meet Dr. Leslie Thompkins (guest star Morena Baccarin, “Homeland”). Meanwhile, Cobblepot continues to build his army in the all-new “Rogues’ Gallery” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Jan. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

---------------------

:ohnoez:

Balloon Man

Goat Man

Fight Club in a office.

Is this the lamest show ever?

No, that would be the POS Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. What a brutal show that is. :sick:

Edited by kimik

Balloon Man

Goat Man

Fight Club in a office.

You may be getting too focused on a given plot point, and potentially missing the rest of the story.

Balloon Man was the crazy name the press called him.

'Gotham' Central: Five Questions About 'The Balloonman'

----------------

Just three weeks in, and Gotham already has introduced the subject of vigilantism, even if Bruce Wayne is still some time away from putting on a cape and cowl. “The Balloonman” was an episode that didn’t just hint at the future path of the series, but placed neon lights pointing in the direction and loudly started construction, just to make it obvious.

----------------

It was a demonstration of how frustrated the citizens of Gotham are at this point with crime in their beloved city. So much so, they are willing to go to extremes.

Was it a little silly about launching people into the sky as punishment? Sure. But I think that was the intent is pushing that extreme message. Just like when some of the villains that come along later (Anarchy) go to extremes to drive home how frustrated they are to the point it is criminal action in the end. Hence, Batman taking such extremists down as they pop up.

Sorry if you are not enjoying the show.

:foryou:

GOTHAM: Details On 'John Grayson' And 'Mary Lloyd' (Robin's Parents) And Another 'Dollmaker'

------------------

"John Grayson and Mary Lloyd, teenage circus performers who will figure into Episode 16 and hint at the origin of a certain Boy Wonder." The following episode will introduce Dr. Dulmacher (yet another Dollmaker) who is "this time conceived as a mad European scientist" and Reggie Payne, "an old army buddy of Alfred’s who has gone a bit to seed."

------------------

Goat Man

Maybe they couldn't use The Goat because that's the name of Quantum and Woody's sidekick?

The girl playing Selina looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer, too. That only adds to the character for me.

I kept trying to place why she seemed so familiar. (thumbs u

She reminds me more of Priscilla Presley, from the Naked Gun films.

The girl playing Selina looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer, too. That only adds to the character for me.

Pervs. :baiting:

I also think that the actor playing Detective Gordon looks a lot like Sean Pertwee / Alfred.

Strange to cast two such similar-looking actors in key roles on the same show, especially when they are supposed to be completely unrelated.

I also think that the actor playing Detective Gordon looks a lot like Sean Pertwee / Alfred.

Strange to cast two such similar-looking actors in key roles on the same show, especially when they are supposed to be completely unrelated.

I noticed that too and thought it was just me. Many of the lead actors have under bites and similar facial appearances. Even Barbara has similarities to Tec Gordon and Alfred. lol

GOTHAM: Synopsis For Season 1, Episode 13 "What The Little Bird Told Him"

----------------

In an attempt to get his job back, Gordon seeks to capture Jack Gruber (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl), a deranged electrical genius who escapes Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Falcone struggles to hold onto his empire after Fish Mooney makes her next move in the all-new “What The Little Bird Told Him” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, January 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

----------------

Maxie Zeus?

Volt?

Electrocutioner?

GOTHAM: Synopsis For Season 1, Episode 13 "What The Little Bird Told Him"

----------------

In an attempt to get his job back, Gordon seeks to capture Jack Gruber (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl), a deranged electrical genius who escapes Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Falcone struggles to hold onto his empire after Fish Mooney makes her next move in the all-new “What The Little Bird Told Him” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, January 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

----------------

Maxie Zeus?

Volt?

Electrocutioner?

Maybe they can do a better job with Electro?

Dr. Leslie Thompkins meets Jim Gordon in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek

------------------

Now working at Arkham, Jim quickly meets Dr. Leslie Thompkins, played by Morena Baccarin. And according to Baccarin, they start out as friends, but that’s not to say they won’t become more than that. “He’s a very complicated man,” she said with a laugh.

But despite the secrecy around the details of their relationship, fans can definitely expect to see Leslie team up with Jim, rather than with the Wayne family—a departure from how her character was portrayed in the comics. “I’m a physician. I’m working at Arkham, but we’re not sticking too close to the original mythology,” Baccarin said. “We are having her team up with Jim Gordon instead of the Wayne family and Bruce. Eventually, who knows—it could go in that direction, but it hasn’t yet.”

------------------

FIREFLY Alum Morena Baccarin Discusses Her Roles In GOTHAM And THE FLASH

------------------

On Why A Role In Gotham Appealed To Her:

I really loved how the show looks and how it's written. And how it's stylized. And the actors who've been involved so far. It all drew me in. And it's a great character. I'm actually not too familiar with the comic book world, believe it or not. It's not something I grew up reading so it's just not that familiar to me. But I thought that the world that was created on this show was really intriguing. And that they did a really great job of making it accessible to everybody.

------------------

Back on tonight.

'Gotham': A Peek at the History (and Future) of Arkham Asylum

---------------------

Monday's return of Fox's Gotham sees Ben McKenzie’s Jim Gordon reporting for duty at Arkham Asylum — an unexpected demotion from homicide cop to glorified security guard brought about by running afoul of the city’s corrupt mayor at the end of last year’s episodes. The career change doesn’t just pay off weeks of foreshadowing about the importance of Arkham to the plans of the various crime families, but allows the series the chance to explore one of the most important pieces of Batman mythology from the last half-century.

---------------------