• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

FYI:

BKV will be signing at Midtown Comics Downtown on 12/18.

BKVMidtownComics_zps1606fe0f.jpg

If anyone is attending and can spare getting a "Saga Deluxe Edition Vol 1 HC Midtown Exclusive Bookplate Edition Signed By Brian K. Vaughan And Fiona Staples" signed PM please!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Saga+Deluxe+Edition+Vol+1_1396503

Just order it.

I understand I can get it with just the signed bookplate, but my request was for the bookplate version, signed by BKV, not for just the signed bookplate.

Hopefully someone else read my first post correctly and can help out!

*edit* it looks like DMac did exactly what I would like...

Edited by avalanche

I have many of the recent Image 'deluxe' hardcovers and they're all high quality. The Saga hardcover has no real defects as far as I can tell. A few of the recent Image hardcovers had some gutter loss (the one that immediately comes to mind is Glory, but you should buy it anyway because it's good), but the Saga hardcover has enough empty space along the binding that this is never a problem.

Does it compare to the Dark Horse Library Editions? Sure - it isn't quite as 'oversized.' It lacks the cloth cover feel of the Hellboy Library Editions, but then, so does the Fear Agent Library Edition. If being asked for my opinion, I'd say I prefer the Image Deluxe format, but that is almost exclusively due to the slightly smaller size since both types have excellent build quality.

If you read the monthly, you may have seen Vaughn's comments on the deluxe edition in the letter column to issue 24 - he states that every piece of this book, down to the type of stock used for printing, was personally selected by Fiona.

I believe it.

I'm also impressed with the graphic design - I like the color scheme chosen for the cover and the internal non-content pages. I like the fact that all of the great Staples covers are included inline as part of the story. The paper stock is a nice glossy stock that doesn't feel cheap or flimsy.

I don't really have any complaints.