• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,432 posts in this topic

famousfunnies1250_zps3ea8ac36.jpg

Love these books,dawn of the comicbook as we know it,

Me too Jack (thumbs u I've got a little pile of them & they're fun. not too expensive & show a cool snapshot of the time period.

I agree they are a great backbone series of the dawn of comicbooks....

He is a smattering of early numbers.......many had different cover for back cover.....neat and inexpensive books.......jb

151820.jpg.0a6fda81fed80a5f0d402d4ec1b8bf37.jpg

151821.jpg.51a1a09001574bee676c0d8c6911426f.jpg

151822.jpg.6d745a1e90747c91860b23a1d26676fa.jpg

151823.jpg.965282de6c61de02af0a94c543db6d4b.jpg

151824.jpg.c994423720a053cfb61e0dade3a959c6.jpg

Me too Jack (thumbs u I've got a little pile of them & they're fun. not too expensive & show a cool snapshot of the time period.

He is a smattering of early numbers.......many had different cover for back cover.....neat and inexpensive books.......jb

Like you and Jimbo, I love those early Famous Funnies. I tried for years to complete them all, but was never able to do it. The #1 eluded me and eventually I tired of the quest.

Like you and Jimbo, I love those early Famous Funnies. I tried for years to complete them all, but was never able to do it. The #1 eluded me and eventually I tired of the quest.

I will admit Billbo, there's a certain ........ serenity that comes from just buying what comes my way & not trying to complete the run. Ideally it'd be fun to have a complete set, but I could say that about nearly every comic title :)

I will admit Billbo, there's a certain ........ serenity that comes from just buying what comes my way & not trying to complete the run. Ideally it'd be fun to have a complete set, but I could say that about nearly every comic title :)

I'm with you Jimbo. I'm doing a little of both now. Some runs I don't want all of the books. Others I do.

I'm with you Jimbo. I'm doing a little of both now. Some runs I don't want all of the books. Others I do.

We're fishin' the same pond my friend :hi:

Got this from a board member lower grade but very cool cover!

102_5614_zps0aff8083.jpg

That's pretty cool. I don't think I have ever seen one before.

Just bought this. Not sure it gets much better than this grade-wise for the age.

Here is what I know about it so far. Variant with content from War Front and this variant edition is not currently listed in Overstreet.

Algie1_zpsa57a4c29.jpg

Isn't that auction still going on?