• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Here's a book that needs to be featured on this thread. I wish I could say it was mine. That said, I'm not sure if the collector who drops 15k with Metro to make it theirs will post it, so...

zip1276a_zpsa72b744d.jpg

Here's an advanced (worship) to its next owner.

I saw that in the recent email too. Sweet book. I love how one character is called "Mr. Satan" - so formal.... :)

Here's a book that needs to be featured on this thread. I wish I could say it was mine. That said, I'm not sure if the collector who drops 15k with Metro to make it theirs will post it, so...

zip1276a_zpsa72b744d.jpg

Here's an advanced (worship) to its next owner.

Stunning colors on that copy. Hope you post the Blue Ribbon you won from CC soon......

I just received this. It's a much needed upgrade for my old copy. It was graded a 3.0 so I wasn't expecting much but it looked much nicer once I cracked it open. Cover and centerfold are detached so that must have pulled the grade down because otherwise, it's a sharp looking copy.

Pep-45-t_zps82cb5fde.jpg

I just received this. It's a much needed upgrade for my old copy. It was graded a 3.0 so I wasn't expecting much but it looked much nicer once I cracked it open. Cover and centerfold are detached so that must have pulled the grade down because otherwise, it's a sharp looking copy.

Pep-45-t_zps82cb5fde.jpg

Great looking copy. You just have to love that early Archie artwork

Pep-45-t_zps82cb5fde.jpg

Tough book there! Congrats!

Pep-45-t_zps82cb5fde.jpg

Congrats! I love when cool old comics come to Houston :cloud9:

Pep-45-t_zps82cb5fde.jpg

Congrats :)

Time for a bump! Love this cover by Irv Novick! Got it at a deal as it features a minute amout of color touch near the spine. Still may have it slabbed. Really nothing i can add about the images!IMG_0522_zps0e322539.jpg

But the insides...This splash looks familiar! I used to have a reprint book of early Kirby caps. This image was swiped(or it swiped :D )for a story featuring the Red Skull with a similar deadly musical instrument (DavidMerryweather, where you at? Need a little help with this one). Still a cool early golden age image copy or original! IMG_0619_zps836dc384.jpg

But the insides...This splash looks familiar! I used to have a reprint book of early Kirby caps. This image was swiped(or it swiped :D )for a story featuring the Red Skull with a similar deadly musical instrument (DavidMerryweather, where you at? Need a little help with this one). Still a cool early golden age image copy or original! IMG_0619_zps836dc384.jpg

Not exactly a swipe.

RedSkull.jpeg

I think that the Cap splash may have inspired the Black Hood splash, but that's about it. hm

Time for a bump! Love this cover by Irv Novick! Got it at a deal as it features a minute amout of color touch near the spine. Still may have it slabbed. Really nothing i can add about the images!IMG_0522_zps0e322539.jpg

super book buddy!!! you hit the JACKPOT with that one!!!! :applause: