• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Not everyone has a CAF page.

But I got a package today from Utah..... Well my wife did..... So I can't open it for a week.

thats true, but, id have to think that most people wanna share their art, right? congrats on the early gift. wish my wife got a package from Utah.

Anyone bid on that run signed by Ottley? I wish it hadn't been around the holidays. It didn't go for too much either. If it had been in a month or two I probably would have gone after it.

Yeah... The same buyer got the complete Ottley run, the color sketch and the sketch book. :o

I wonder who it could be hmhmhm

Anyone bid on that run signed by Ottley? I wish it hadn't been around the holidays. It didn't go for too much either. If it had been in a month or two I probably would have gone after it.

Yeah... The same buyer got the complete Ottley run, the color sketch and the sketch book. :o

I wonder who it could be hmhmhm

Translation = It was me :takeit::hi:

Edited by mikerb2223

Right now I'm rereading and catching up on the whole run. I don't remember catching this funny sketch in trade #6. It's page #14 in the sketch book section.

It's funny as :censored:!! The page is on the right side. Sketch is on bottom right of the page. It's Ottley being funny at very serious moment in the book.

I absolutely love the sketchbook section in the trades. I've got a lot of the art discussed in those pages. Cool seeing the progress and insight put into all that.

EDIT: actually, the sketchbook section is where Ive seen one of my ISO pages. When the alternate Invincibles were introduced, there's a page with 16 different Invincibles, which I got. It's the unused version that I want. So sweet.

Edited by simplyrob

Invincible_purse.jpg

Got this and a lot more for Christmas from my wife and wya. I also got the two piece Battle Beast that Ryan shared on Twitter original art, some layouts for covers like #49 and #53 and the page where Nolan first sees Debbie when he got back to Earth and they talk.

Got this and a lot more for Christmas from my wife and wya. I also got the two piece Battle Beast that Ryan shared on Twitter original art, some layouts for covers like #49 and #53 and the page where Nolan first sees Debbie when he got back to Earth and they talk.

must be nice. (thumbs u

So, the moms hooked me up this year. Quite possibly the most fantastic example of Ryan Ottley work, in my opinion. The scope of this cover and all the DPS of this particular issue have made it my favorite since I read it. Such a great issue. Also, love that the cover sketch was included as well. An amazing addition to my collection, and, also helps complete my mini run of covers from 73-76. Last I heard Vines still had the inks for 72 also.

Invincible 75 DPS Cover pencils by Ryan Ottley

image_zpse6f5323d.jpg

Invincible 75 Cover sketch

image_zpsb55c1600.jpg

Also got this from my good friend. He drew me as a Viltrumite, minus the glasses.

image_zps580a086c.jpg

This book desperately needs to get back on a regular schedule. I pick up my books monthly from my LCS and I'm always disappointed when it isn't in the stack. :sorry:

#116 is solicited I believe for January 21st. It's at the printers, and #117 is already almost 100% drawn.