• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

Pretty recent pickup from Inaflash as he traded up to Edgar's copy. You can't go wrong with Ken's undercopies. My first and probably only Bugs.

FourColor142fc100_zps6fdb2548.jpg

I always thought that book would fit with my PCH. hm Kinda creepy for a Bugs cover!

On the topic of PCH can I get some price ranges based on the current market for a copy of Chamber of Chills #19 CGC in the conditions listed below?

Just trying to get a feel of a fair market value.

I always have mixed feelings on the subject.

Yes, the code screwed comics content for years. It didn't start breaking down until the 1970's when it's first cracks began and lead into the 1980's Indy books and the majors crossing lines in the code.

But I also have to wonder what would have happened without any backlash and the code to comics in general. Would we have gotten a second wave of superheroes into the market or would we have ended up with a market something like those in Europe or Japan with more variety?

Would the Flash's return even happen in Showcase #4? If not, would Stan and Jack even want to publish a superhero comic in 1961 for Marvel? Maybe horror and romance would have remained the top sellers into the 1960's.

Probably my worst feelings are for the countless stories of people working in the comics who ended up for the worst after the code destroyed their industry.

Guys, you left behind a hell of a legacy for those who collect your works today. :grin:

ForbiddenWorld001copy_zpsa3c70fe2.jpg

Very nice! Didn't realize Frazetta and Williamson were in this book. Would love to see the stories inside!

...as I recall, it's pretty good. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo, Jayman, here ya go (this is a superb resource for those who like to see what a book's contents may be like!)

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=17984

Also, SUPERB copy ltpink! Really nice to look at. Have the best of both worlds; keep your beauty slabbed (or not, as you like) and enjoy reading it at the link above. :)

Happy weekend everyone!

Thanks for the link! (thumbs u

Got it bookmarked. Was hoping for two separate stories, one from Frazetta and one from Williamson. But a mash up is just as enjoyable, even though the story plot was way too predictable even for Precode.