• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birthright- Skybound Comics- Joshua Williamson (NAILBITER, GHOSTED), artist Andr

143 posts in this topic

I'm enjoying the series thus far (but haven't read #4 yet), with the exception of one thing: How come the wife/mother character is so convinced the husband killed their son? The series starts by showing them as a happy and supportive family and after the son disappears she just turns on the husband and accuses him of murdering the missing son, when there's no evidence that says that. Sure, I can understand that after the loss of a child that a previously healthy marriage might crack, or that she would even blame the Dad for their son going missing since he was with the kid when he disappeared. But to be so convinced that the Dad murdered the kid? Just doesn't work with the way these characters were set up and feels crammed in just to create some conflict. I think Williamson could have handled this a little better as it doesn't feel natural or in tune with the characters. And it makes the Mom a really unsympathetic character.

OK, sorry for the rant. Other than that, it's a good series so far. :-)

I think he is going to go more in depth with this as the series progresses.

She's actually the only level headed one out of all of them to this point.

She's the one stepping back and saying, "Guys, you realize how bat :censored: crazy this is?!?!?!", but no one is listening.

In the interview I posted earlier in this thread, they compare her to Skyler in Breaking Bad, and that seems like an apt comparison so far.

My 2c , anyways...

I think he is going to go more in depth with this as the series progresses.

She's actually the only level headed one out of all of them to this point.

She's the one stepping back and saying, "Guys, you realize how bat :censored: crazy this is?!?!?!", but no one is listening.

In the interview I posted earlier in this thread, they compare her to Skyler in Breaking Bad, and that seems like an apt comparison so far.

My 2c , anyways...

Yes, hopefully Williamson provides more rationale for her state of mind. As I said, I can understand her blaming her husband for losing their son, and even hating him for that, but to believe he murdered their son, well, it's a stretch at this point.