• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

You're copy is really lovely, comicnoir :applause: It looks like a very strong 7.0!

It's funny to look at the Heritage bidding in 2005 for the 9.0. Only 5 bidders for the highest graded copy? Ah, the good ol' days of collecting Atlas horror.......long gone :facepalm:

Too true! :cry:

Its so absurd, what was going on then, how could the market have been that weak...bizarre.

Atlas had so many titles that I believe the collecting community generally ignored them and focused on other more popular titles. When those titles started to rise out of the price range of many collectors, the focus shifted to the long ignored Atlas books. People realized what we knew all along...that these books were cool! 2c

I added this book to my permanent collection a couple of months ago. I'm really happy about this one being a big fan of Wolverton.

DSC_0024834x1280_zpsf99e7979.jpg

Great book! I was temped but you removed the temptation for me! I'm actually curious about the collection it's from, I'm not familiar with it. Do you know it's background?

I believe Phil was a CGC grader who had an incredible collection of 50's books.... he passed away before his time. Others could certainly shed more light. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I believe Phil was a CGC grader who had an incredible collection of 50's books.... he passed away before his time. Others could certainly shed more light. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jim. I did some checking and found that he was a teacher and then worked for CGC. Nothing however regarding his collection or what it contained. He was apparently a very well liked and knowledgable fellow.