• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

So Shadow of Mordor went back to Game Stop, picked up Call of Duty AW, played that, meh... Now I am on to Dragon Age Inquisition, everyone tells me if I liked Skyrim then this is going to be great so I am hopeful.

I'm sort of with you on Shadow. I loved it for a couple of hours, then I lost interest.

I'll probably pick up Dragon Age soon. I actually liked DA2 a lot despite what others said about the game. My only issue was the achievement that didn't pop for me- I'd have 'em all if it did.

Let us know what you think.

I'm 25 hours into DA3 and I have to say it is one of the most engaging RGP's I've played in a long time. I'm thinking to do everything in this game you are looking at a 110 hour commitment. Battle is fluid, controls are very responsive, character animations are top notch, voice acting can make you cringe occasionally, the story is engaging as well. Can't wait until I actually get to fight the dragons.

Gone.

Anyone playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare who can use 5 of those mountain dew cap codes that are supposed to be good for something in the game, send me a pm.

My son and I do not play and I hate to waste them. First PM to me gets all five

Happy Holidays.

Edited by DeadOne

CALLED IT!!!

Miyamoto Confirms Work Underway on New Nintendo Consoles

Company executive adds that the next major Mario game could be reserved for next platform; Responds to Mario movie speculation.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/miyamoto-confirms-work-underway-on-new-nintendo-co/1100-6424313/

CALLED IT!!!

Miyamoto Confirms Work Underway on New Nintendo Consoles

Company executive adds that the next major Mario game could be reserved for next platform; Responds to Mario movie speculation.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/miyamoto-confirms-work-underway-on-new-nintendo-co/1100-6424313/

we haven't gotten a great mario game since super mario galaxy 2 that was back in 2010. The problem they had was not making the Wii U future proof especialy when a lot of rumors were coming out about the XBone & PS4 when they were making it.

Might be a long shot, but is anyone else playing the Halo 5 beta right now? I was playing earlier with D3ADPOOL7, and I'm really enjoying it. Have been a HUGE Halo fan for years, and don't understand the hate against sprinting. You have to evolve with the times, and that's exactly what 343i is doing.

Received a substantial amount of money in Gift Cards today with more than half of the amount being a Best Buy card. I sold off all of my old 360 games except for Lego Marvel last week as I had plans to upgrade around April.

April came early. Figured it would be better to grab something sooner than later before the deals and bundles dried up. The last time I bought a gaming console was in 2005 with the 360. It lasted me ten years. Let's see how long the X-Box One lasts.

Why 360? It came down to a few major things.

1 - The PS4 controller felt foreign to me.

2 - Both of my cousins and one of my friends are on X-Box One

3 - I already have an X-Box Live Account

4 - Did I mention that the PS4 controller felt foreign to me?

So... X-Box One Assassin's Creed Bundle and I threw in a Rechargeable Battery Pack.

Game suggestions? The Assassin's Creed games should keep me plenty busy in the rare time I have to play. I want to pick up Lego Marvel as I was in the middle of that, and that game is really fun.

I hear good things about Destiny but what else?

I am a casual gamer.

BTW... I am up setting this whole thing up before the world crashes in about 16 hours as people start unwrapping and setting up their own consoles... As Microsoft is already reporting heavy traffic, this may have been a wise decision not to leave this for tomorrow.

I'm playing through The Last Of Us as I have time. It's hard for me to play a game like that since I don't sit at the console for too long in any one sitting. Maybe an hour a time a few times a week if I can. So I'm still way at the beginning, but the game as fun, and easy to control and play as someone who isn't great at most games. I know for sure I'll be able to finish it eventually.

Received a substantial amount of money in Gift Cards today with more than half of the amount being a Best Buy card. I sold off all of my old 360 games except for Lego Marvel last week as I had plans to upgrade around April.

April came early. Figured it would be better to grab something sooner than later before the deals and bundles dried up. The last time I bought a gaming console was in 2005 with the 360. It lasted me ten years. Let's see how long the X-Box One lasts.

So... X-Box One Assassin's Creed Bundle and I threw in a Rechargeable Battery Pack.

Game suggestions? The Assassin's Creed games should keep me plenty busy in the rare time I have to play. I want to pick up Lego Marvel as I was in the middle of that, and that game is really fun.

I am a casual gamer.

BTW... I am up setting this whole thing up before the world crashes in about 16 hours as people start unwrapping and setting up their own consoles... As Microsoft is already reporting heavy traffic, this may have been a wise decision not to leave this for tomorrow.

This is addicting.

minecraft-xbox-360.jpg

I am a casual gamer.

I just finished up Sunset Overdrive. I'm a pretty casual gamer and I really enjoyed it. It's open world and has small missions you do similar to a GTA game; the difference is it's a silly game that never takes itself seriously. I wouldn't say it's necessarily easy but I never got stuck at any point so the game flows pretty good. Not a "must buy" game but I recommend it.